“Great Beer, Excellent Lobster Roll, Beautiful Scenery, Lazy Bartender!”
Review of Sea Dog Brewery

Sea Dog Brewery
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Topsham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Auburn, New York
“Great Beer, Excellent Lobster Roll, Beautiful Scenery, Lazy Bartender!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Whenever we go to Maine we try to hit as many of the local brewpubs as we can. We had not been to Sea Dog Brewing in Topsham in a couple of years and decided to venture up there on Mothers Day for lunch. We got there after one and the restaurant was hopping from the brunch that day. We sat at the bar and ordered a couple of beers which came pretty quickly. We received menus about five minutes later, and ordered about ten minutes after that, from a male bartender who acted like he'd rather be someplace else. The food was excellent, my fiancé and I both had the lobster roll. It took the bartender some time before he realized we needed another round of drinks. When he finally did wait on us my fiancée stayed with the Wild Blueberry Ale and I switched from a brown ale to an IPA. Changing beer like I did you would think the bartender would give me a fresh glass, but he did not. Bartending 101, pay attention to your customers. I know that this place was extremely busy on mothers day but that doesn't excuse lackluster service. You can't beat the scenery, food, or the beer here and we will visit again. Hopefully that same bartender will not be on duty.

• Visited May 2014

“Solid pub food and great beer selection”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

The menu is vast, featuring traditional pub food with a Maine twist, combining local seafood with burgers, fries and the like. The beer menu is filled with home brews, as well as a bottled brand cider. The raspberry wheat was excellent.

The bar area is filled with TV screens, showing the Red Sox on this particular Saturday night. A small stage area was setup and karaoke was about to start when we were finishing our meal.

The restaurant is in an old mill building with a deck offering tables over the river. The inside is charmingly decorated with old photos of the area from the early 1900s.

Great service and good food and beer made for a nice experience.

• Visited May 2014
Riverhead NY
“Lots of families”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

OK pub type food. Noisy, and many families with young children; there is a children's menu. One item of interest was the ginger beer - more intense flavor than ginger ale, and not something usually found on menus. Wonderful views of the river.

Visited May 2014
Somerville, MA
“Beautiful Views of Androscoggin River”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a great place to enjoy a beer in the summer - the outdoor deck has great views of the Androscoggin River. The beer is decent - I ordered the flight, which allowed me to sample many of the available beers. I particularly enjoyed their fruity, summer beers. I also enjoyed their brunch buffet, which was a little pricey, but offered an impressive spread of food, which was delicious.

• Visited June 2013
DeLand, Florida
“Seafood pie”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Excellent food. The seafood pie is great not to strong of fish, shrimp and potatoes. Veggie sweet potato burger is excellent also

Visited May 2014