“Revamped Menu is excellent!”
Review of Sea Dog Brewery

Sea Dog Brewery
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Topsham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Every trip we take we make an effort to stop by some local breweries. When we stopped in Freeport, several locals told us to take the short 5 minute drive to Sea Dog's in Topsham. First there was the view - the restaurant is right next to the water and the view is beautiful. We were fortunate to have a warm, sunny day and we ate out on their open air deck. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We were told that the day we were there (May 3) was the first day of their new menu. I was very impressed. Kids meals were pretty basic - but the mac and cheese is home-made (and delicious). Adults got jambalaya (REALLY good) and an avocado BLT salad. The bacon melted in your mouth it was so GOOD. We really enjoyed our meal and recommend others stop by. OH and the beer was excellent! We tried their standard ale and IPA.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Went here for a family dinner, and the food was fantastic. I ordered the fish and chips. There was a fantastic beer selection featuring local brews. The service was great. Our server had a sense of humor, which seems to be hard to come by these days. I would definitely return.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Lovvve this place. Locals and travelers alike come here, always a good crowd. The original Sea Dog (with branches now in Portland and even Florida) right on the river, gorgeous setting in the mill. Great food, good local drinks and great local people. Always a good time here. Not exactly the late-night bar crowd for young folks, but a great time any time of day none the less :) definitely visit if you are in the area!!!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I recently visited this Sea Dog location and it underwhelmed. We sat at the bar and the bartender was basically going through the motions. Seemed annoyed that we asked for a beer menu and then walked away for 10 minutes. The beer I tried was ok but nothing special. I should have known when someone else walked up to the bar and ordering Bud Lights instead of the Sea Dog brand. That says it all. We ordered burgers and they were nothing special either. Just greasy and bland. I'd probably give Sea Dog another shot, but I wouldn't sit at the bar here. To me Brew Pubs should have an interactive staff that educates you on their beer choices. That didn't happen here.

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Seems as most everything is deep fried. There are some healthy choices though. Food is decent, service is lacking due to how busy it always is. Beer should be served colder. Great outdoor seating, good looking patrons, cool place just wish the food and service was a little better.