“Fish & Chips!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Went here for a family dinner, and the food was fantastic. I ordered the fish and chips. There was a fantastic beer selection featuring local brews. The service was great. Our server had a sense of humor, which seems to be hard to come by these days. I would definitely return.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Lovvve this place. Locals and travelers alike come here, always a good crowd. The original Sea Dog (with branches now in Portland and even Florida) right on the river, gorgeous setting in the mill. Great food, good local drinks and great local people. Always a good time here. Not exactly the late-night bar crowd for young folks, but a great time any time of day none the less :) definitely visit if you are in the area!!!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I recently visited this Sea Dog location and it underwhelmed. We sat at the bar and the bartender was basically going through the motions. Seemed annoyed that we asked for a beer menu and then walked away for 10 minutes. The beer I tried was ok but nothing special. I should have known when someone else walked up to the bar and ordering Bud Lights instead of the Sea Dog brand. That says it all. We ordered burgers and they were nothing special either. Just greasy and bland. I'd probably give Sea Dog another shot, but I wouldn't sit at the bar here. To me Brew Pubs should have an interactive staff that educates you on their beer choices. That didn't happen here.

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Seems as most everything is deep fried. There are some healthy choices though. Food is decent, service is lacking due to how busy it always is. Beer should be served colder. Great outdoor seating, good looking patrons, cool place just wish the food and service was a little better.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We were looking for a place in town on a Monday night, and while most places were closed, the Sea Dog was open and we had not been in a while. The greeter and server were both freindly and accomodating, but several items were lacking in terms of the food. Note that the wine pours while not the largest in town, were OK. The glasses all have a line on them for the pour level through which is a little tacky. I had the Haddock Fish and Chips, any my wife had the Hot Open-Faced Turkey and Gravy. Being in Maine, I have had a lot of haddock dinners, and while the fish was good, for $14.99 once should not get haddock pieces. At this price, in this area, one comes to expect a haddock filet. With the pieces, you get more surface area, and hence more batter that fish. It makes the portion look bigger that it really is. The fries and coleslaw were OK. The turkey, while piled high with two slices of white meat, the entree comes with no greens. Siides are all extra, with a small market salad being $4.99 - really? With a glass of wine eacfh and two mediorcore entrees the bill was $47.50 before tip. There are plenty of places in the Brunswick/ / Topsham area that you can do far better.