“good experience”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Clermont, Florida
“good experience”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed here as a bridge between Portland and Bar Harbor. It is near Rockland, but is actually kind of out in the middle of no where. We enjoyed our stay here, but found it somewhat expensive for it's location. The room was very well attended and the breakfast was pretty much the typical Hampton style. I would recommend this Inn to anyone needing a room in this vicinity.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Portsmouth, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel was a great value for the cost. Very clean & nice rooms. Sofabed in king suite was a bit small. Great location near our jobsite/car rental/restaurants. We will definately stay here again when we return to the jobsite for future work.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

James K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Rockland, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your nice comments, so glad you enjoyed staying with us while you were working here in Rockland. Looking forward to your next visit.
Georgia
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We only stayed one night in route from Bar Harbor. It was a nice place to lay our head but nothing special. The Studio Suites are much nicer than Regular Rooms; however, having seen both types - I would say housekeeping and maintenance needs to improve. There were very thick globs of caulk in the shower/tub area (clearly someone caulked over mold as it was growing through some of the thinly caulked areas)... Cleanliness was not what I considered to be up to the normal Hampton Inn Standard, in my opinion (I hate mold). Bed was clean and comfy. Breakfast was the usual Hampton fare which was all we needed before hitting the road. Common areas were clean (we did not use the pool but did use the guest washer/dryer). Parking lot was well lit. Front desk staff was not very friendly (not rude but not helpful either).

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are less worn/dated - which means they are cleaner (usually).
Green Features: I support the practices of Hampton Inn's practices to save the environment but reusing items when practical/possible - but never at the expense of being unsanitary.
2 Thank KissItGoodby
James K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Rockland, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for telling us about your stay. I am glad your room was comfortable and you found the hotel clean in general. I am sorry you did find the front desk as proactively helpful. I am reviewing your comments with them as a training aid so we can improve in this area. Thank you for sharing this information with us.
West Bay, Canada
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel was fine, the room was clean and comfortable. Also the beds were quite comfortable,tough I must add the breakfast was absolutely terrible . For the price we would not stay again at this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking time to give us feed back on your stay. I am glad you found your room clean and the bed comfortable. I am sorry you did not enjoy breakfast, we normally get pretty good remarks on breakfast; I would welcome an opportunity to speak with you to gain specifics on what would have made breakfast excellent. Please contact me at the hotel so we can improve this area.
207-594-6644
Bradenton, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Nice, pretty new hotel. A bit of an odd, uninspiring location however, considering the beauty of the Rockland area. Friendly staff. The Applebees right next door comes in handy for a quick meal, if you don't feel like hitting one of the many great restaurants in the area. I have never cared for those crazy, thick duvets they use at Hampton Inns....they are pretty, but terrible to try to sleep under. The a/c units are the kind that kick on and off all night, which might be annoying for some people. Otherwise, this was a pretty nice hotel and a good value and I would recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

James K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Rockland, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments, glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
West Bath, Maine
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I like to stay in this hotel everytime I'm in the Rockland area. The frontdesk staff is very friendly and helpful and the housekeepers keep the rooms spotless. Breakfast is also included which is nice and the lady running it was very attentive.

Room Tip: Avoid the front of the building if you prefer quieter rooms. The front rooms face the road and can b...
1 Thank Silverwolf_505
Thank you for your nice comments, glad you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with the housekeeping. We look forward to your next trip to the Rockland area.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is what you'd expect from any Hampton Inn (they're all the same basically, aren't they?). However, on this trip, I noticed that housekeeping didn't put in much effort. I left my room to run out to my rental car, organized a couple things, and by the time I got back to my room housekeeping had been in/out in less than five minutes. Although my used towels were removed and new ones placed, I noticed the bathroom floor hadn't been cleaned, neither had the sink or counter top, and the carpet in the room hadn't been vacuumed. The next day, same story. So I left a note on the bed requesting that the room be cleaned. It was! And the housekeeper even left a nice note in return. but, i think it's a bit weird to have to request something as simple as daily housekeeping service. I've never had to do that before. Also, in the elevator there's a sign advertising that duvets and sheets are laundered fresh every day, every guest. Not true. Mine were only replaced when I left a note requesting they be.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Writer/Director
Thank you for your review. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay here and we are very sorry that you ran into problems during your stay. We have addressed the issues mentioned with our housekeepers and hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again so we can have another chance at showing you what our warm Hamptonality is all about.

Jamey Kitchen, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thomaston
Rockland Harbor Hotel
#5 of 10 in Rockport
Lord Camden Inn
Lord Camden Inn
#4 of 10 in Camden

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Rockland? Share your experiences!