“wonderful meal on the deck”
Review of The Slipway

The Slipway
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Thomaston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had a wonderful meal on the deck at The Slipway. I had scallops on a salad with bacon vinagarette and my husband had grilled octopus and blackened haddock.. The food was delicious!! Dessert was so good and the service was excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Had dinner here with friends tonight. We had reservations and were seated promptly on arrival. We ate on the screened in porch with a gorgeous view of the water. We all ordered baskets of fried sea food, I had haddock, scallops and clams, one friend had haddock, scallops and shrimp, and the third in our party had clams. When the food came, it was in a cardboard container. There was a very small side of cole slaw, fries were under the sea food.
I think for $21.00 a dish, we should have had either china or real baskets. The portions were no overly large, two scallops, two small pieces of haddock and many 10 clams in my cardboard container. While the seafood was very good especially the scallops which were sweet, juicy and tender, the fries were awful. They were limp and mushy, not crispy as fries should be. We all had dessert, blueberry pie which was pronounced to be very good, as was the blueberry/rhubarb. I had the strawberry shortcake. The berries were fresh and crisp but there was no sauce at all to help the dryness of the biscuit and no little bit of sugar to bring out the sweetness of the berries. All in all, do not think I would go back.

1  Thank Lagatha
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stopped here based on other reviews, not disappointed, good service and quality of food, reasonable pricing. I would recommend a visit

2  Thank Woodlands21
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Great food, freshly prepared (we saw them bringing in the mussels off the boat) and in a casual atmosphere.

The only gripe I have is with the hostess station. Sometimes it's outside and sometimes it is inside. Sometimes there's a hostess who is ding-y, but not usually.

1  Thank TravelMavenHouston
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Don't let this place slip-away.... A great night was had by all ,despite a very busy restaurant this place rocked ! Freshest of fresh fish,great wine list and a top notch wait staff .For our party of 7 it was unanimous .We loved it !

1  Thank Flick115