“Would be fina with china.”
Review of The Slipway

The Slipway
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Thomaston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Waldo, Maine
“Would be fina with china.”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Had dinner here with friends tonight. We had reservations and were seated promptly on arrival. We ate on the screened in porch with a gorgeous view of the water. We all ordered baskets of fried sea food, I had haddock, scallops and clams, one friend had haddock, scallops and shrimp, and the third in our party had clams. When the food came, it was in a cardboard container. There was a very small side of cole slaw, fries were under the sea food.
I think for $21.00 a dish, we should have had either china or real baskets. The portions were no overly large, two scallops, two small pieces of haddock and many 10 clams in my cardboard container. While the seafood was very good especially the scallops which were sweet, juicy and tender, the fries were awful. They were limp and mushy, not crispy as fries should be. We all had dessert, blueberry pie which was pronounced to be very good, as was the blueberry/rhubarb. I had the strawberry shortcake. The berries were fresh and crisp but there was no sauce at all to help the dryness of the biscuit and no little bit of sugar to bring out the sweetness of the berries. All in all, do not think I would go back.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Lagatha

“Excellent”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here based on other reviews, not disappointed, good service and quality of food, reasonable pricing. I would recommend a visit

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Woodlands21
Houston
“On the water and on the mark”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Great food, freshly prepared (we saw them bringing in the mussels off the boat) and in a casual atmosphere.

The only gripe I have is with the hostess station. Sometimes it's outside and sometimes it is inside. Sometimes there's a hostess who is ding-y, but not usually.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank TravelMavenHouston
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Home Run in Thomaston,”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Don't let this place slip-away.... A great night was had by all ,despite a very busy restaurant this place rocked ! Freshest of fresh fish,great wine list and a top notch wait staff .For our party of 7 it was unanimous .We loved it !

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Flick115
“Delicious!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We found the restaurant while driving from Old Orchard Beach to Bar Harbor. Before we went in, I asked a woman out in the parking lot if she liked it there and she told me she eats there at least "3 times per week". It was sprinkling a bit, so we couldn't eat outside on the dock, but had our lunch on the very cute screened in porch with a great view of the boats on the water. I really liked the charming nautical/countryside atmosphere, down to the fresh flowers on the table and drinks served in Mason jars. The service was excellent and very friendly and the food was delicious. I tried my first Lobster Roll there, and although pricey, it was very good. Had we not been on our way to another destination, I would have liked to spend more time in the area. Everyone was kind and friendly.

• Visited July 2013