“Comfortable First Visit”
Review of Farmer's Restaurant - CLOSED

Farmer's Restaurant
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Off season we visited this restaurant that was recommended to us by friends. We were greeted as soon as we entered, our server/barmaid was very friendly. The menu was easy to read, and order from. Our time from order to receiving was short, good presentation on our selections, food was fresh and served at the correct temp. Off season there was no lines to wait, the parking lot was easy to drive in and out and more importantly the place was clean. The tables were set, floor was spotless and the table ware was also. I had a 7PM meeting at the Masonic Lodge in town and our server assured me I would make it with no problem time wise. She was correct, we left fully fed and comfortable.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I had read good things about this place here on TA BUT, drove by a few times over several days and thought...hmmmm! The outside, and really the inside, could use a good make over BUT, the food and the service make up for that in spades. Our waitress, I believe the owner's daughter, was as engaging and as attentive as some of the best waitresses I have encountered. She was on the mark with timing, helpfulness, and knowledge of the food, etc. This was the ONLY restaurant we found in the most of the area that actually had reduced their lobster dinner prices to reflect the unbelievable decline in lobster wholesale/retail prices. This is a family operated restaurant and their entire hearts are in the endeavor. Sure there were a few areas that could be improved besides the interior/exterior already mentioned-for instance, less dressing on the salad, fresh butter instead of the packets, real whipped cream instead of canned BUT still those wouldn't keep me away. I had the scallops which were excellent! My MIL the lobster dinner-also excellent. The others, I honestly don't remember but they all were very happy. If I ever return to Tenants Harbor, I will return to Farmer's Restaurant.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stopped by on the way back from spectacular Port Clyde looking for a quick bite. Found it in spades! Great beer selection to accompany a very good seafood menu (with many opportunities for landlubbers too). I, of course, had the lobster roll. Have had many good ones is this amazing state and have to say that this was as good as the best I have enjoyed - a whole small lobster nestled in a soft roll with very good French fries to make a complete meal -slaw too. My wife had fish and chips - big battered pieces of haddock with a perfect tartar sauce. We sat at the bar and enjoyed listening in on the lively local banter. This will now become a regular stop for us when we are up here in God's country.

1  Thank DocSkier
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Loved the food. Always fresh and tasty. Dining room is separate from the bar. Friendly staff and great food. Not open Mondays ,

1  Thank Sammyduke
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I've been going to Farmers since I was a kid and i am never disappointed. The folks are friendly and the food is local and fresh. Breakfasts are hearty and delicious, and anything seafood for lunch and dinner is delicious. The pies are always a highlight! For summer visitors and sailors alike--an easy walk from the town dock.

2  Thank blairkloman