“Our favorite spot in Maine”
Review of Cod End - CLOSED

Cod End
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We eat high end, we eat simply, and everything in between. This is high end, yes on paper plates, in plastic cups, and on wooden picnic tables. We visit here, more than once if possible, on every trip to the area for the last 15 years or so. We have the lobster rolls, and the lobster stew which is indeed simply a bowl of butter and chunks of lobster (when away from here we simply refer to it as the "bowl of butter" and our fellow-travelers friends and family know exactly what we mean).

Reviewed July 17, 2012

A friend and I went there the other night. The food was better than good, as we sat on the deck overlooking Tenants Harbor. What a view! We ordered baked Haddock; it was delicious, portions were large.

One eats off paper plates, beer served in a plastic cups, so the atmosphere is basic and nature as one looks out over the Harbor. And I think nice.

Prices are about right for the quality. It was a pleasant experiences overall. A recommended expererience. I prefer Cod End Restaurant to the same type restaurant in Port Clyde.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

A school friend recently took us to this quaint lobster shack, as our first seafood meal while vacationing in Maine for the first time. Very authentic! We sat on the dock under umbrellas and ate lobster wraps and drank cold hard cider. Perfect lunch in Maine. The wraps were $16.95, but good fresh lobster is not cheap. We all thought money well spent.
We ordered at the outside window, and found a table in the shade. They brought it out when ready. Everyone enjoyed their authentic lobster lunch!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Hey, anyone that wants to eat lobster cheap doesn't understand that good food--especially lobster--doesn't come cheap. We've visited this place for the last 4 years, after our family visit to Monhegan Island, and we have never been disappointed by the quality--or quantity of the food.
Is the lobster expensive? Yes. But no more than any lobster I've had anywhere else along the coast of Maine, and the lobster rolls are about the best I've ever had anywhere in New England...and I live in New England.
We'll keep coming back!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I recently visited Cod End on a family vacation and was very disappointed. While it was great to sit out on the dock and the view was pretty the prices were high and portions rather small. While other places in the area were chargin between 3.99-6.99 lb for lobster they were chargin 16.99lb! We ordered a seafood basket for somewhere around $20+/- and basically got a basket of fries with a few scallops, a few tiny shrimp and 2 small pieces of fish. I ordered corn on the cob and when I opened the foil, it had sand on it. When I questioned it, the answer was" we can give you another, but it will probably be the same, we cook them with teh clams". Sorry, No, I do not want sandy corn. There are so many lobster in the rough places to eat in Maine, this is surely not one that I will return to!