“Highly recommended!! Beautiful place, delicious food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lazy Toad Inn

The Lazy Toad Inn
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lingfield, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended!! Beautiful place, delicious food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I loved my stay at The Lazy Toad. Wonderful welcome, nothing too much trouble. The dinner was absolutely delicious, much of the ingredients were grown in their own small holding, so were super-fresh! The lavender panna cotta was amazing. I loved the outside seating area, beautifully laid out and we sat at a fantastic round table complete with lazy Susan, very handy for stealing the wine from our friends! The room had everything you could need and was decorated beautifully. All the fixtures and fittings were high class, and the shower was fantastic. Friendly service with a smile. Loved every minute of our stay.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Traceytwo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“"Excellent find for high quality dining"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We visited the Lazy Toad for the first time on our way home from Cornwall. The food was deliciously created from local produce, home grown fruit and vegetables!!
We search locations for very high quality food and this was clearly evident at The Lazy Toad.

2 Thank FSnob
Brighton, United Kingdom
“A fine dinner at the Lazy Toad - pricey wine list though”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We went with another couple to the Lazy Toad and I wasn't quite sure what to expect from a pub down a quiet country lane. I needn't have worried. The meal was excellent and the service excellent also. The staff were friendly and efficient and the food was delicious. The only minor quibble I had that I thought the wine list a little pricey, with a markup over the usual. Other than that - highly recommended.

2 Thank Will F
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Took the student son & dog here for Sunday lunch. As we had per booked the dog was welcome in the bar.
The food was 5* and the service matched. Lovely to be welcomed by name.
Would recommend this pub every time

1 Thank Kathryn S
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food & wonderful atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

I visited the Lazy Toad this afternoon with a few friends. They had been before and spoke very highly of the place, so brought me along to show off the place.
I ordered the chicken main and was warned that it would take a while to cook, however we weren't in a rush so that wasn't a problem (it didn't seem to take very long anyway!). The meal was absolutely divine, and my friends were equally happy with their dishes.
After lunch we took a walk along one of the public paths, before returning to the pub for coffee and dessert! We highly recommend the summer pudding, the chocolate mousse and brownie and the cheesecake!
The single suggestion I would make would be to get an espresso machine, as I'd have preferred a latte to the filter coffee! Not a complaint though, as I had a fab afternoon!