“Sixth visit and always great food and comfortable dining”
Review of The Lazy Toad Inn

The Lazy Toad Inn
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Sixth visit and always great food and comfortable dining”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We've been to the Lazy Toad a number of times now (as a couple and with family) and the quality of food is excellent. The menu has a great choice of dishes, clearly made with quality ingredients.
I always look forward to returning.

The pub itself is cosy and nicely decorated and there are a great selection of real ales and wine available.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank M B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Crediton, United Kingdom
“Personalised service and great food”
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Great for a special occasion as the food is fab. On the downside, everything just felt a little bit over expensive.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Yeralc
United Kingdom
“What a find”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We live locally but this was a new find for us. Booked for a Sunday lunch on a glorious sunny day, we ate outside. It does get busy but the service was excellent. Very welcoming hosts. Clive the owner introduced himself. The food is top-notch, probably the best bistro pub lunch I have ever had. Potted crab, roast beef and apple crumble- 10/10. Lovely country pub, in picturesque little village. We will definately be returning.

It is excellent value and for two three course lunches and two rounds of soft drinks we paid was £65. The food out shone many an expensive restaurants fayre.

• Visited May 2013
Exeter, United Kingdom
“First alfresco lunch of 2013 - excellent”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The ruby red roast beef was particularly tasty - my wife and I went with a couple in their seventies, much enjoyed by all. We had booked that morning, and were offered both indoor and outdoor tables - it was just warm enough to sit outside in the sun.

Visited May 2013
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Full Marks... Can't fault it !”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Popped out for an evening meal after reading Trip Advisor reviews. Was very very impressed - the atmosphere is brilliant, the menu was very appetising (lots of rhubarb) and service was perfect.

My partner and I both had The Red Onion & Parmesan tart with wild mushrooms after sharing some really nice PROPPER olives and home made bread. I had the sausage and mash and my partner had the duck - both were really nice and flavoursome. The deserts were the best I have had for a long time. I had a spiced apple crumble which was divine and my girlfriend had the ginger cake and won't stop talking about it!

Will definitely be back!