“The only place.....”

Mountain View Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stratton
Mountain View Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Stratton
Reviewed January 28, 2013

......this is the only place,and I have been to a few in the area...those powdah days can cause room issues!... that I want to come to! To me there are two "O MY GOSH" corners, the Mountain view is the other one! Thanks Cindy and Mark for your......hmmm..ALWAYS hospitality! And not only from me. The hard work you BOTH put in to the place to keep it a great winter and summer experience is never ending. It has been many years,and there will be many more! Thanks.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, 5 and 6 are more family friendly,each have two separate bedrooms.With nice view...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank loafah
There are newer reviews for Mountain View Motel

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed at Mountain View for a few nights in January 2013 while skiing at Sugarloaf. We stayed in room 4 (3 single beds and full kitchen). Room ameneties met all our needs. Clean, cozy, rustic. Owners were very helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay here again. 5 mins in one direction to Ski Sugarloaf and 2 minutes the other direction to General Store/groceries/alcohol.

Room Tip: Tell owners about your party and your needs and let them select a room for you.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jgb-djw
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was a great place to stay in the Stratton area. The rooms were very clean and decorated for the region, with beautiful pine walls, Pergo floors and cute bed spreads. The price was great and included a kitchenette with fridge, stove and a coffee pot in the room. The owners of the motel were friendly and knowledgeable. We have family in the area and are definitely going back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank April F
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Mountain View on a Saturday in September. The weather was perfect and so was the Mountain View Motel. We stayed on the upper floor in a room that was just like being in our own little cabin in the woods. The entire room was done in tongue and groove knotty pine. The room had a fully equipped kitchen area complete with a full size fridge, a four burner electric range, microwave, coffee maker, large kithcen sink and ample counter space. There were cupboards stocked with pots and pans and drawers with knives, forks, spoons and all manner of other handy gadgets. I counted three can openers, one of which was an electric model. There was a large kitchen table and three kitchen chairs, a canadian rocker, a set of bunkbeds, and a full size bed. Everything was spotlessly clean. I could go on but I think you get the idea; We loved staying at the Mountain View. We will definitly stay there agian.

Room Tip: We stayed in room number one on the upper floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Richard T
Reviewed April 26, 2011

We stayed at the Mountain View Motel this past April for Reggae Weekend at Sugarloaf. Because it's one of the busiest weekends of the year and we booked pretty late, it was a little bit pricey ($180/night) for what it was worth. Our room had a double bed and a set of bunk beds, which was good because there were four of us. However, they charged an extra $10 per person. The beds were pretty hard and very squeaky. The bathroom was clean but very small and didn't offer any complimentary toiletries, save for a couple tiny bars of soap. The kitchenette was a nice amenity, but make sure you wash any dishes that you use - we were lucky to notice a fine-print sign warning that an additional $50 would be charged for any unwashed dishes. We didn't get much sleep because we could hear every word that the people next to us said, and they stayed up making noise until dawn. Overall the motel was a secluded, cozy place to stay, only about 10 minutes up the road from the mountain entrance. It was definitely a little overpriced but I think that rates are normally much lower - every hotel in the area has sky-high rates during Reggae Weekend. I was happy to support a local family-owned business.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank mjs0108
Reviewed January 17, 2011

No mice in our room, granted, it was winter...

Seriously, we booked a room for a weekend of snowboard competitions at Sugarloaf on the recommendation of a friend. Family owned business that was very accommodating. After making the reservation, the owner upgraded us to the 2 room suite at no extra charge because we have 5 of us, 3 of them kids and I needed a roll-away cot.

The rooms were rustic, but clean, well supplied, and just what we needed. If I'd known I'd have a fridge etc... I would've packed breakfast stuff! Bed was comfy for me. Kids were very satisfied, and you know when your kids don't whine things are OK. LOL We had cable and WiFi, even though we really weren't there much...we were on the mountain for events and meals with friends. If you're looking to avoid on-mountain prices this place delivers. Thank you Mountain View! We definitely sent some friends whose kids ski all over Maine your way.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank fatoots
Reviewed December 20, 2010

We purchased a package at Sugarloaf and decided to drive up the night before and stay at the Mountain View Motel for the night. At $50 how could we go wrong? Turns out in many ways....
The room was warm and spacious. We didn't really need the kitchen but it was the same price per night so why not? The bathroom could have used a bit of love- the shower stalls were stained. I didn't question the cleanliness, but not exactly a welcoming sight. The carpets also had numerous gum stains.
The worst part? I didn't sleep at all. I can sleep anywhere and I'm a heavy sleeper. I don't know if it was the combination of porch lights through the door, the poor bed/ pillow quality, or the fact that you could hear everything and everyone below you but I saw every hour of the morning.
We had hoped to stay an extra night after our Sugarloaf package expired but the two of us had no desire to stay another night at the Mountain View Motel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alliekt11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratton
The Rangeley Inn
#1 of 1 in Carrabassett Valley
Rangeley Saddleback Inn
Rangeley Saddleback Inn
#2 of 3 in Rangeley

Been to Mountain View Motel? Share your experiences!