Spillover Motel
Sugarloaf Inn(Carrabassett Valley)
$89
Orbitz.com
Good 3.5/5
Sugarloaf Mountain Hotel(Carrabassett Valley)(Great Value!)
$138
Very Good 4/5
The Rangeley Inn(Rangeley)(Great Value!)
$125
Official Site
Great 4.5/5
$120
Good 3.5/5
Rangeley Saddleback Inn(Rangeley)(Great Value!)
$100
Very Good 4/5
Herbert Grand Hotel(Kingfield)(Great Value!)
$79
$77
Hotels.com
$95
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsenglish muffinscontinental breakfastelectric fireplacestayed heregranola barsworking ordergeneral storecomfortable bedscommunity kitchenshort drivesugarloaf mountainspent one nighttwo nightsqueen bedroom was spotlessconvenient locationstay there again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed at the Spillover one night to do some hiking in the area. All I was looking for was a place to rest my head and the motel more than fit my needs. My room was large, the bed comfortable and very clean. I appreciated the large towels after a long day on the trail.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We planned a last minute ski trip to Sugarloaf during Christmas week because we got a big snowstorm. We'd hoped to stay at the resort, but they were booked. The folks there recommended we check out the Spillover Motel. I called on Christmas Day and booked for the following two nights. This is a family run motel, and the folks were incredibly warm, friendly and helpful.

Two of us, friends, got one room with two beds. The room was definitely simple, no frills, but everything was modern and extremely clean. The bathroom was small but entirely adequate. The entire building appeared to have been recently renovated. We were there on a very cold night and the heat was fine--new heating system with a thermostat in the room.

We brought a bunch of food in a cooler and stored it in the downstairs kitchen area. It has two refrigerators, a full kitchen with everything you need to prepare/eat a meal, and plenty of storage. Again, it is nothing fancy, but perfect if you are planning on eating some meals in and want a good place to prepare things. Kind of like a motel/hostel combo. There was another family there while we were making dinner, and we all ended up watching part of a movie they'd brought while we ate. Very homey feeling.

If you are looking for a fancy place with lots of resort-type amenities, this probably isn't your place. If you are looking for a reasonably priced motel with wonderful staff, clean rooms, and a well cared for feel, this might be your spot. If you are trying to save a little money and cook your own meals, this place is perfect.

I would definitely come back for a similar type of trip. If I was looking for a fancy, more romantic place to stay, I'd probably go elsewhere. But I can't say I'm usually headed to Stratton, ME for frills and pampering :)

Room Tip: If you want to use the kitchen, ask for a room near it. It has a separate entrance from outside.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank 445K_M
Reviewed October 3, 2012

After paying a rate that was rather steep for a room with no amenities, I found out there are no microwaves or mini-refridgerators in the rooms. Instead, I was shown a room in the basement which had a kitchen, television and furniture and told this was available. The woman made it very clear that although they allowed me to have a dog in the room, I would not be permitted to use this room because it meant I'd have to leave my dog unattended. I had to leave my dog in the car while having the continental breakfast. The television was small and of the old type. Towels and soaps were plentiful, but no shampoo. What saved this room from being unacceptable is the level of cleanliness. It was much appreciated.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank agerygirl
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The Spillover Motel in Stratton, Maine was the ideal break place when we were hiking the Appalachian Trail two weeks ago. There are other places in Stratton that cater to hikers but, because we had two cars and were 'slackpacking' most of the Trail, we found the Spillover to be ideal for us. We stayed there for three nights. The motel is rather removed from the main town so a vehicle is necessary. The motel is very clean, double beds are comfortable, a continental-type breakfast is served at 7 am, and the staff is very friendly and cooperative. The rates are reasonable ($55/night for seniors). Highly recommend this motel. Great rates during ski season also and a short drive to Sugarloaf Mountain.

Room Tip: Logging trucks start traveling Route 27 very early; choose a room on the back side of the motel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank HoweJa
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Had a last minute delivery of some freight from Boston to Eustis, Maine and luckily the Spillover had a room available. Very clean, spacious and comfortable! Office personnel was very helpful in showing me the full kitchen and other ammenties for all guest to utilize during their stay. Great place for families and sledding. I traveled alone but would bring family next time. If skiing at Sugarloaf and want to stay off slope this may fit the bill:)

Room Tip: Plenty of room in #5
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business