Spillover Motel
Sugarloaf Inn(Carrabassett Valley)
$89
Orbitz.com
Sugarloaf Mountain Hotel(Carrabassett Valley)(Great Value!)
$138
Travelocity
The Rangeley Inn(Rangeley)(Great Value!)
$125
Official Site
$120
Rangeley Saddleback Inn(Rangeley)(Great Value!)
$100
Herbert Grand Hotel(Kingfield)(Great Value!)
$79
$77
$95
Travelocity
All reviewsenglish muffinscontinental breakfastelectric fireplacestayed heregranola barsworking ordergeneral storecomfortable bedscommunity kitchenshort drivesugarloaf mountainspent one nighttwo nightsqueen bedroom was spotlessconvenient locationstay there again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2012

After paying a rate that was rather steep for a room with no amenities, I found out there are no microwaves or mini-refridgerators in the rooms. Instead, I was shown a room in the basement which had a kitchen, television and furniture and told this was available. The woman made it very clear that although they allowed me to have a dog in the room, I would not be permitted to use this room because it meant I'd have to leave my dog unattended. I had to leave my dog in the car while having the continental breakfast. The television was small and of the old type. Towels and soaps were plentiful, but no shampoo. What saved this room from being unacceptable is the level of cleanliness. It was much appreciated.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank agerygirl
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The Spillover Motel in Stratton, Maine was the ideal break place when we were hiking the Appalachian Trail two weeks ago. There are other places in Stratton that cater to hikers but, because we had two cars and were 'slackpacking' most of the Trail, we found the Spillover to be ideal for us. We stayed there for three nights. The motel is rather removed from the main town so a vehicle is necessary. The motel is very clean, double beds are comfortable, a continental-type breakfast is served at 7 am, and the staff is very friendly and cooperative. The rates are reasonable ($55/night for seniors). Highly recommend this motel. Great rates during ski season also and a short drive to Sugarloaf Mountain.

Room Tip: Logging trucks start traveling Route 27 very early; choose a room on the back side of the motel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank HoweJa
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Had a last minute delivery of some freight from Boston to Eustis, Maine and luckily the Spillover had a room available. Very clean, spacious and comfortable! Office personnel was very helpful in showing me the full kitchen and other ammenties for all guest to utilize during their stay. Great place for families and sledding. I traveled alone but would bring family next time. If skiing at Sugarloaf and want to stay off slope this may fit the bill:)

Room Tip: Plenty of room in #5
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve C
Reviewed February 28, 2011

This map is not for the spill over located on rt. 27 in Stratton, Maine. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2011
4  Thank Sharon D
Reviewed February 19, 2011

My husband and I wanted to get away for a quick ski trip and stay over near Saddleback Mtn.
A friend of mine suggested the Spillover Motel and we had such a great time we're going back in the next few weeks. The location was great, near both Saddleback and Sugarloaf, the rooms were neat, clean and cozy. Breakfast was definitely all you need to start the day and the staff was very friendly. We'll be back soon!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple