“Simply, we love it”
Review of Aragosta

Aragosta
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Stonington
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Aragosta, meaning "lobster" in Italian, is presented by Chef Devin Finigan of Brooklin. Her farm-to-table cuisine features only the freshest and best quality meat, seafood and produce from local purveyors. Her love of Mediterranean and Italian cooking and the Maine coast come together for a beautiful menu of delicious food that is simply good. Guests will enjoy dishes like Chef Devin's specialty, butter-poached lobster ravioli, while overlooking the breathtaking views of Stonington Harbor. The kind, knowledgable staff will guide guests through the menu and thoughtful wine list to create a memorable dining experience. Join us for lunch on our beautiful deck as well, where Chef Devin has created a menu that puts an elegant twist on classic pub fare.
Pembroke, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply, we love it”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I admit, I am afraid of raving about Aragosta and Chef Devin's meals too much for fear of not being able to get a future reservation!! (I'm kidding)

My husband is a simple "meat and potato" kind of guy, as he states it, cautious about anything different and he was pleased--he loved it!!!!!!

We celebrated our 35th anniversary here last year--it was elegant, warm and so comfortable...the staff was so friendly and informative! I say "staff", but while very professional, I want to call them your friends--you feel like you've known them forever--ask them anything and they'll answer with a warmth and friendliness that makes you want to ask & learn more about the food, the drinks...I did.

It was a delicious, enjoyable and very relaxing meal in an elegant atmosphere!

Where can you get that combination???

We've eaten in Boston at "gourmet" restaurants. my husband under protest, and compared to Devin and Aragosta, they were simply Burger Kings... sad, but true.

The atmosphere at Aragosta is to die for--cozy, friendly (did I emphasize that enough?) with a view of Stonington Harbor that is magnificent.

And the food? Farm to table? Amazing and delicious!and unique! Congrats to Chef Devin--I wish I had a tiny ounce of her talent! She uses what is in season, which is a lesson in itself.

We've had lunch there, dinners there, and one of our daughters and her husband who love to travel in California and dine -- our daughter is basically a sommelier---, love the place!!!!

We had last Thanksgiving there! Amazing food!!!!!!!!

We're lined up for this year--have to have that reservation! (although, because I am out of state, i admit, I like to plan ahead)....she will have reservations available--although please plan early--this restaurant will rocket!!!

I do want to try the outside dining...maybe next time

• Visited November 2013

petaluma
“Spectacular”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

OMG this is one of the best restaurants I have ever been to! The food is amazing, the service could not be better, and the ambience is perfect. I celebrated my 50th Birthday there (guess I just gave away my age!) and we had a party of 24 people. They handled this size of group effortlessly and the wait staff was cordial and kind and timely. The Lobster ravioli is to die for. I would fly across the country just to have this meal. Seriously. I travel all over the world and eat at fancy
a_ _ restaurants and Aragosta stands shoulder to shoulder or above all the finest. If you want to treat yourself to a great meal, this is where you should land. And if you have something to celebrate, this is the perfect spot. Enjoy!

• Visited September 2013
NYC
“Ok”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Food was ok, service was mediocre, prices seemed high. Stonington is a nice little seaside town in Maine.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Bernard H
Portland, Maine
“Best”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

OK it is a bit expensive and sometimes hard to get a table here, but this is the best restaurant in the whole DownEast. I live here half the year and in San Francisco the other half, so I have some experience with good restaurants. A gorgeous setting and spectacular food. Thoughtful and competent waitstaff. It is my restaurant for special occasions.

• Visited September 2013
“A Rare Gem on the Maine Coast...Like finding seaglass, only better.”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Sometimes one has a dining experience for which everything that could go perfectly...actually does go perfectly. At Aragosta, we had impeccable, careful, intelligent service for which there is not rival in the area code. We had a harbor view at sunset surpassing any in Manaco or Debrovnik or San Franscisco in an understated dining room filled with people who appreicate excellent, discerning dining. We ate from a simple, elegant, diverse menu filled with fresh and local produce and met a artisan chef whose sensibilites, generousity, and creativity are on display in every dish as it is served. Aragosta is not to be missed should you find yourself on the coast of Maine anywhere between Portland and Machais. Reservations strongly advised.

• Visited November 2013