“In the middle of Nowhere, but worth the trek”

Eureka Hall Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Flossmoor, Illinois
“In the middle of Nowhere, but worth the trek”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

We joined friends for dinner at Eureka Hall traveling up from Presque Isle. This seems to be a favorite destination for folks at their camps looking for a place to head out for dinner. Walking in, we got a friendly hello and were seated quickly at the table. Glancing over at another table, I saw the pizza which looked amazing. Our order of Korean meatballs and clams for appetizers were delicious, and then the main courses arrived which we all loved. My dessert of little fried balls covered in sugar and them dipped in dark chocolate was so good! Very attentive staff. The decor was a bit hit and miss, and out table was an old 1940 dinette which was too small for out party of 4.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank GlenClarkST

maine
“Great Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

While on a mini vacation in Aroostook County, Maine we wanted to find a restaurant for Saturday nigh dinner. Well we found it in Stockholm. Eureka Hall! I believe it was once a grange hall. The renovations were perfect, warm and charming. We did not have reservations, which I would recommend, but we were seated promptly and the service was excellent. The menu was broad and the presentation very nice. I especially enjoyed the fiddlehead salad and strawberry tiramisu. We were there with friends and we all enjoyed our meals. If you are ever near Stockholm, Maine be sure to make your way to Eureka Hall. It is well worth it!
There is a bar/lounge downstairs, which we did not visit, but it was very busy and active. However, it did not disturb the upstairs charming dinning area.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank lawgram
“Little gem in the middle of nowhere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

By far my favorite restaurant to take family and friends. The atmosphere is tranquil and charming. The food is amazing especially the seared scallops and their maple salad dressing is a must. We've never been disappointed. Last time we took our guests to Eurika's the bartender showcased their beer selection which consisted of over 20 different crafted brews. A must for Northern Maine.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Silvrston
Fort Kent, Maine
“It's the only place you should eat while in Northern Maine!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

It is a breath of fresh air to have a restaurant like this in Northern Maine. I live about a 30 minute drive from Eureka's and I don't hesitate to make the drive to eat their food. First of all, the staff is super friendly. If it is busy, they always seem to keep a close eye on you to be sure you don't need anything else while waiting. The atmosphere is great. I love the old building and the way it is decorated. Lastly is the food. They have a broad menu all the way from pizza to German dishes. Everything I have eaten there has been amazing. I had the honey stung fried chicken last night and it was amazing. I also had a poutine (fries w/gravy and cheese on top). I think it is my favorite poutine around!

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Joey O
“Love this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

The service down stairs in the bar is slow and some times frustrating. Also I have been screwed on my bill and charged double. They have expanded the place. The food is so good that I don't worry about the bad. But since the service can be slow and one of the male bartender charged us $60 for a pizza and 2 beers and acted dumb when I brought it up to him I can't give it a excellent review. The works pizza here is the best I have ever had. I don't even like my pizza that way but I tried it and fell in love. The food here is great that's why I keep going back!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Delong187
D M, Owner at Eureka Hall Restaurant, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
We appreciate the time you have taken to provide the review of your experience at our restaurant. We diligently work to maintain a diverse and quality menu as well as striving for a unique customer experience with great service. We, as owners, apologize for the situation you encountered, and were unaware, unfortunately, until reading your review online. It is our policy, that if any guest encounters a problem with service, menu, or otherwise, a manager on duty or owner is to be contacted immediately so that any situation be remedied to the guests' satisfaction. Unfortunately, in your case, this did not happen, and we would like to extend our apology! In regards to your comments on sometimes slow service in the tavern, yes, we realize in the expansion, we have had our growing pains-as we are also working on expanding the small kitchen-which services the upstairs dining room as well as the tavern...this, with most menu items made in- house does take extra time. Your review has helped us make adjustments to both our policy as well as implementing other ideas for improved service! We promise we will earn our 5th star with you! Thank you!

Been to Eureka Hall Restaurant? Share your experiences!