“Love local service! ”
Review of South Shore Marketplace - CLOSED

South Shore Marketplace
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

This is a short order market counter-chips, soda, snacks,pizza, sandwiches & seafood. I bet its perfect "just got off the boat" food. We were just passing through. Clean! Friendly! Yummy corner store food.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stopped there on our way home from the lake. We ordered a meatball sub, chicken finger basket, lobster roll and a cheese bread pizza and 2 fountain sodas. It was $40.
The lobster roll was good, and I really liked the roll and there was a good amount of lobster, big chunks. I would get it again.
The meatball sub was bland, they used pizza sauce instead of pasta sauce and the cheese was not melted. The chicken fingers were run of the mill.The handcut french fries had no flavor. I felt the chicken finger basket was overpriced at $9.50.
We had finished our entire meal and then they brought out the cheese bread pizza. We had it boxed. First one person said it was overlooked when the order came in then the next person said it was the clerk who took our orders fault. They had a lot of staff and it seemed a little disorganized.
I had asked if they did kids meals but the woman said that unfortunately they didn't, they had only been open for a year and they were still tweaking the menu. I didn't think that it would be very hard to cut the pasta dinner in half and call it a kids meal. She said that they offered a grilled cheese sandwich but I couldn't find it on the menu.
Living in the area it would be nice to have a casual dining place to go to on our way back from the lake. It is a high traffic area so hopefully they will make some adjustments throughout the season.

2  Thank spifam
Reviewed March 6, 2014

From the outside it looks like any other corner pizza or sandwich joint - much like the one directly across the street. Inside, it is comfortable but not ostentatious; a country feel definitely. But wait for it . . . order the crab cakes with garlic aioli. Picture three large crab cakes in a plastic basket. I know, you're not expecting much but oh my, when you taste these perfect cakes, you will know what I am talking about. Also, try the Mexican corn chowder. Just the right amount of heat, thick and oh so yummy. Can't wait to try the other menu items, like the Angry Armenian pizza. Seriously people, their food is awesome!!

2  Thank Common-Gourmet
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Wasn't sure what to expect since this place has been a few different incarnations of a pizza/breakfast joint. Took the dive and determined quickly that it is a MUST GO!
Owner and Staff are extremely friendly & accommodating and the place is super clean and cheery inside. Saving the best for last...Food.... remarkably delicious! The Clam Chowder was brilliant and the Pulled Pork (on a grilled bun that dreams are made of) is worth any distance you have to drive. Both items were obviously made in house and exceeded the quality of many offerings in Portland or neighboring towns.
Unfortunately, we diners are (typically) forced to make choices based on either our affinity or loyalty to the owners/staff of a paticular place or the quality of the food alone. In the case of South Shore...you have the best of both! Try it today-you won't be sorry. Really.

2  Thank Stephanie S