“Could be so much better” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Standish, Maine
“Could be so much better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I tried to give the Maine Street Grill another chance in order to save myself a drive for dinner tonight. We had fantastic service and a lot of hope for our meals. My daughter ordered an appetizer trio that was ok- mozzerella wedges were full of grease and way too much spice. I ordered $8 bacon cheese fries and they were awful...burnt dried cheese. My son ordered alfredo pasta with chicken, mushrooms and for some reason shrimp which he did not order nor does he like. Very dissapointed

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Windham, Maine
“Worst in Maine!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Went on Sunday for lunch. BAD mistake. 31F. outside & about 35F. INSIDE! Cold & unpleasant! Food very overpriced & lousy. Waitress good & should be working elsewhere. Concentrating on the bar crowd who would'nt know what they are eating anyway. AVOID!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Brian B
Gorham, Maine
“This place needs better food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

We had eaten here before and thought the burgers & steaks were okay. This time we came here because we wanted to try a place near our home for a meal before we saw in a New Year. We ordered an appetizer called duck wings. We got five duck (?) legs w/two good dipping sauces. My husband ordered a very rare steak and baked potato. That's what he got. It was not outstanding but adequate. I had to send back my chicken piccata because the thing they identified as chicken was so processed that it did not even taste like chicken. I think they took frozen chicken pieces and used them in their piccata and parmesan dishes...it was terrible! Later, a girl near us ordered the chicken parm--she,too, was not looking too happy with her meal. The waitresses were pleasant and helped me get another entree--this time I chose steak tips w/onions, mushrooms, & green peppers. It was edible and my husband said it tasted better than his steak. We arrived home and I immediately had diarrhea. Our dining experience was simply not a good one! What a way to begin the New Year! The waitresses, however, were nice. The problem lies in a kitchen that is serving slop when they could use fresh products. The place was busy enough, but the patrons deserve better!

• Visited December 2013
Clayton, Ohio
“Great Old Building; Good Fresh Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

While waiting for our lunch and locally brewed craft beer, the owner gave us a history of both the town and the building. He encouraged us to walk around to have a look at the place. It was like visiting a museum, but with better lighting and less dust.

The food was good - the onion rings GREAT! - and the service friendly. Happily, we are in the area a few times a year so we can stop again!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Maine, New York
“Very pedestrian...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

We have eaten there several times over a year - the menu never changes and the service is rather slow. The taste of the food (whatever you order) is the same. The chairs in the restaurant are the most uncomfortable things I have ever sat on and most of the tables wobble because of the "authentic" wooden floors. Not much thought has been put into the menu; it needs to expand.

• Visited September 2013