“Great atmosphere and the BEST Bloody Mary!!”
Review of Maine Street Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Wells, Maine
“Great atmosphere and the BEST Bloody Mary!!”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Have had brunch there a couple of times and the food was great. The bloody marys are wonderful..great tang of horseradish, but not too spicey! The bartender (also the owner, I believe) has a great personality and very knowledgeable about the area. Also has some great stories about the history of the building and Ghosts that are there. I didn't personally see them, but I quess several others have on different occasons.
We had great service and the prices were very reasonable. Would like to try it for dinner if we get back that way. Will write another review if I do.

• Visited June 2012

Portland, ME
“Not Very Good”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I have been here 3 times and think it's pretty nasty. At our last visit, service was terrible! We had a group of about 20 people and the wait was ridiculous! They only had one waitress for the group! It is worth the drive to go to Portland or Windham for better food!

• Visited March 2012
Pembroke, New Hampshire, United States
“Enjoyable atmosphere and good food”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Very good service and good food at reasonable prices.

• Visited December 2011
West Buxton, Maine
“Hit or Miss”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I've been to the Maine Street grill 3 times now. Only once did I get a great meal. The first time was with girlfriends to celebrate a birthday. I had pasta that was almost cold. I gave them the benefit of the doubt as we were a relatively large party and they hadn't been open that long. The next trip I went with my boyfriend and had the cheeseburger pizza (hey, it sounded neat!). And I think it would have been had it been fully cooked. It was underdone in the middle and soggy. Yuck! After that, I can't say how I got my arm twisted to go back, but I did one more time. Third times the charm so they say. This time I tried a burger - and it was excellent! So maybe that is their forte. The building is charming. Old fashioned wood floors and nick-nacks on the walls. The wait staff is friendly. Upstairs they have a neat little bar area with fireplaces and lounge chairs. I would come for the charm, but don't expect much from the food.

• Visited June 2011
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Not bad, but not great”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stopped here on our way to Portland because we were hungry for lunch and just needed a place to stop and stretch our legs. It didn't appear very busy, only a few tables filled, but there was only one waitress. We placed our order, just nachos and an individual pizza. It took almost a half hour to get our food and it wasn't anything to rave about. The nachos barely had any toppings on them and the pizza was good, but not great. The server was nice, but didn't pay too much attention to us. She was conversing with another table so loudly that we couldn't even hear each other talk at our table. All in all, not a bad resturant, but I know there are better places to spend my money. If I were you, I'd say unless you are going to be faint from low blood sugar, keep driving until the next resturant.

• Visited October 2011