“When in Maine, eat lobster!”

Miller's Lobster Co.
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The Maine lobster pound or shack is the way lobster is meant to be eaten and Miller's is quintessential Maine. The freshest lobster and a cold beer. Nothing better!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We'd row over from the island, order boiledvlobsters and steamed clams, corn on the con and pie and sitbon the oier all grubby and think: good life

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Well, maybe I got what I deserved. I am allergic to lobster - seriously so. But we've known this family-owned place for a long time and my spouse deserves a good lobster. Because I am allergic to a water soluble lobster allergen - I asked if the steamed clams and mussels were cooked in the same water as the lobsters. This began a long conversation - turns out the 'steamed' clams and mussels are boiled with the lobsters in seawater that is changed each day or twice a day. Not good. Also, the corn is in there, and the hot dogs. Also, the potatoes for the potato salad - you guessed it - are cooked in there. I ordered a hot dog, my spouse a lobster dinner. She had become irritated by the conversation (When I said - so the steamed clams are actually boiled - the counter girl said "But the water is not actually boiling!!!"). This led to exchanges that caused me to leave, without any food. My spouse went back and got the already paid for order to go. Later, I asked at the Dip Net (Port Clyde) if they cooked that way - no - they steam them in a steamer with new water in the bottom. Also, I asked the Happy Clam - no - steamed. So, Miller's is an OK place if you are not allergic to crustacea.

1  Thank JBTCville_VA
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Enjoy lobster or some chowder sitting at a picnic table on the wharf and watching the sun go down. It was a perfect place to enjoy a great meal and spectacular views!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Out of the way, but recommended by our innkeeper (Joan at the Little Dream Inn). Worth the drive, as the right side of the dock is where the lobster boats live, and the left side of the dock is the restaurant (more like a picnic area). And don't forget the local beer, fresh from the bottle.