In a tiny neighborhood at the tip of the penninsula, the Craignair Inn was a delightful surprise. We had room 6, upstairs in the main inn and it was small, perfectly maintained with windows that opened and gave us that brisk salty pine smelling air. The windows weren't huge, but oh what a view to the small bay below and to the Island which was available for walking-complete with a swimming hole and a small beach. Summertime would be heaven--and yet I wonder how great it would be in the winter--the seclusion, the wonderful living room below, and the great dining room which attracts locals for dinner. Breakfast was very nice, and served early to allow us to travel on. This is an out of the way place, exactly what we wanted, but not far from the more tourist loaded cities of Camden and Rockland. Great warm feeling place--
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Craignair Inn and Restaurant is walking distance from beautiful Clark Island via the causeway. We're at the end of a peninsula with relaxing rooms, unmatched food and gorgeous views. Craignair is just minutes to Rockland, 40 minutes to Camden and about an hour to Portland. Come enjoy the peace and serenity of Craignair Inn at Clark Island! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Craignair Inn at Clark Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Craignair Inn At Clark Island Hotel Spruce Head
- Craignair Inn At Clark Island Maine/Spruce Head