I stayed in the main building facing the ocean. Room was very clean, nice and neat.
It is charming building from 1930's. Floors are squeaky as you walk but that is fine.
You share the bathroom and shower but I did not have a problem with that. Hotel staff is very polite. Clean towels and robes. TV etc. Very tasty and nicely prepared breakfast. Diner is acceptable.Nice porch and front garden. Dining area has nice view of the ocean and island.Definetely place to recommend for stay. Prices are very reasonable for what you get. I will be a repeat guest whenever I can. Location is close to Castine, Brookline, Deer Island, Blue Hills, Rockland. Take R175 and R15 for scenic drive around the fingers. House pet is cute.
Enjoy sitting at the porch or on the grass see ocean ebb coming in and going out
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Craignair Inn and Restaurant is walking distance from beautiful Clark Island via the causeway. We're at the end of a peninsula with relaxing rooms, unmatched food and gorgeous views. Craignair is just minutes to Rockland, 40 minutes to Camden and about an hour to Portland. Come enjoy the peace and serenity of Craignair Inn at Clark Island! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and Priceline so you can book your Craignair Inn at Clark Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Craignair Inn At Clark Island Hotel Spruce Head
- Craignair Inn At Clark Island Maine/Spruce Head