Craignair Inn is a lovely place built in 1930 and located right at the water's edge. It is a comfortable and charming place to stay in a serene and quiet environment. Yet in less than an hour, you are a short drive to Campden which was recently named one of the most beautiful villages in Maine. There you will find shops, great restaurants and lots to do. There are other nice spots and a state park nearby to visit as well. Then at night, you return to the solitude of the Inn and have gourmet dinners such as crab stuffed haddock or steak filet with shrimp in a lemon buerre blanc. On one morning, the breakfast (included with the stay), featured one of the best omelets we have ever had. (I think it was Julie Child who said the test of a true chef is the making of an omelet!). We throughly enjoyed our stay and the gracious hospitality of Michael and Joanne.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Craignair Inn and Restaurant is walking distance from beautiful Clark Island via the causeway. We're at the end of a peninsula with relaxing rooms, unmatched food and gorgeous views. Craignair is just minutes to Rockland, 40 minutes to Camden and about an hour to Portland. Come enjoy the peace and serenity of Craignair Inn at Clark Island! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your Craignair Inn at Clark Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Craignair Inn At Clark Island Hotel Spruce Head
- Craignair Inn At Clark Island Maine/Spruce Head