We made this reservation through the internet and relied on the website and B&B searches. We were very disappointed. There were only 4-6 guests and they put us on the third floor with no elevator. I am 73 w/arthritic knees and the stairs were steep. At no time was a lower floor offered.
We had planned on enjoying a glass of OUR wine in OUR glasses and were told by the innkeeper that we could only drink OUR wine in our room due to the type of license the Inn holds. I find that highly suspect as they sell wine there. The walk to an adjacent island was nice but, with the tide out, your view is a mud flat.
The restaurant at the Inn was very nice and the food was excellent. The seafood chowder and the haddock chowder were mouthwatering and the crab cakes and crab stuffed haddock very tasty. The included breakfast was very adequate-fresh blueberry pancakes and scrambled eggs. The food experience was great, the inn experience less so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Craignair Inn and Restaurant is walking distance from beautiful Clark Island via the causeway. We're at the end of a peninsula with relaxing rooms, unmatched food and gorgeous views. Craignair is just minutes to Rockland, 40 minutes to Camden and about an hour to Portland. Come enjoy the peace and serenity of Craignair Inn at Clark Island! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Craignair Inn at Clark Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Craignair Inn At Clark Island Hotel Spruce Head
- Craignair Inn At Clark Island Maine/Spruce Head