“Great place, good prices, excellant drinks”

Springvale Publick House
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Springvale
Cuisines: American
Braintree MA
“Great place, good prices, excellant drinks”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Had a great time. Jeff behind the bar was so much fun. We will return.

Alfred, Maine, United States
“Great Fish & Chip.”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I love the fish and chip. You get a good portion of flaky fish and wonderful homemade fries.

Shapleigh, Maine
“good pub food and excellent selection of draft beers”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

If you like a good draft and good pub food at reasonable prices this is for you. Four of us had different items and 3 loved the sandwiches for taste, price and quality, the fries and coleslaw are also very good. The fourth person tried the fried fish and it was very dry so stick to sandwiches which are very good here. The wait staff is very friendly and attentive. This is a very good place esp for the area having limited good places to eat and hope it does very well and I think it will since it is off to a good start in its first 3 months.

1 Thank MEShapleigh
Laconia, New Hampshire
“Average pub fare”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We tried the Publick House for dinner last weekend. The atmosphere was OK; clean and bright. The food and service were average. Typical pub fare (burgers, salads, grilled sandwiches and fried food). The sweet potato fries were not very fresh and luke warm. (tells me not just made) Did not care for the portobello panini..very bland. The cajun grilled haddock sandwich was good. No desire to return soon.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank rnjgutner
Sanford, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible customer service skills!!”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Awful business owner!! My husband and I were excited to try the new place out. We don't have a ton of great places in the area and we were hopeful that this would be our new spot. My husband got the pulled pork sandwich as soon as it was delivered to the table an awful stench arose from it!! I didn't say anything to my husband, because I didn't want to judge his meal upon my sense of smell. His first bit he looked at me and said "I can't eat this!' straight faced.I was shocked because he will eat anything. We told the waitress immediately. She asked if we wanted anything else. We smiled and said no thank you. (My husband's was so disgusted he couldn't think of eating after the ONE bite.) We were nice smiled I finished my chicken fingers got the bill we were still charged for the sandwich. When I questioned why we were charged for the pork sandwich that smelled like CAT FOOD that we didn't eat she said... Oh you will have to speak to the owner for that... umm I have been a waitress for the past 15 years and I have NEVER heard of speaking to the owner when your unhappy with the food, I'm sorry but if that was the way it is supposed to be handled why does your waiter even bother asking how everything is?????? Here's you NINE BUCKS good luck getting us back as customers!!

• Visited May 2012