“Great dinner - pretty good breakfast”
Review of Sips

Sips
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2010

We had a great dinner and wine the evening of our arrival to Bar Harbor. Service was very prompt, prices reasonable and an excellent meal. Different menu with a lot of different flavors to choose from. I got the lemon risotto with shrimp. Wish it had a few more vegetables, but I loved the fact that I could get a light meal. Wine selection is excellent. Funky nice atmosphere.<p> Breakfast 2 days later - we waited a long time for the food to come. It wasn't that busy at first, and I did not see the chef cooking when we arrived. I think things got backed up, and then the chefs were trying to catch up with the orders. I thought it was a little expensive for the size portions. Food was good though.

Reviewed August 12, 2010

We stumbled upon this place one night, and shared some apps and some great wine at the bar. Bar staff is friendly and service is good. A band called "The Larks" were playing that night..very talented, and got the crowd going. They even clear tablese off to the side for a dance floor after the dinner crowd. Food is good and reasonably priced.

Reviewed August 11, 2010

I've been to Sips a handful of times and I have yet to order anything that I wouldn't consider a top-notch breakfast. The coffee is pretty good but could be better. Omelets depend but are always above average.

Reviewed August 9, 2010

We loved this place and went there regularly after carriage driving our horses and sailing our boat during our month-long stay in SW Harbor.

The owner was savvy, the waiters and waitresses courteous, the food delicious and the Rumrunners the best (thanks Nic).

PS-If any of you guys are reading this MacFry says hello...lol.

Reviewed August 3, 2010

We spend several weeks each summer on MDI, andSips is one of my favorite restaurants. It offers everything from coffee and pastry to light lunches and dinners, to a full evening repasts with wine and drinks. We go several times a season, and have not been disappointed. Even when it's buzzing, it's a warm, enjoyable experience.