“Good Meditteranean Flatbread”

Walkers Mediterranean Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Amazing ocean views, scrumptious cuisine and refreshing cocktails make Walker's an experience to remember. Enjoy Tapas and Lemon Drop Martini's after a day of exploring Acadia's trails or have a romantic dinner for two with an elegant bottle of wine at sunset. Walker's is a true dining experience.
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Convenient and quiet, good place even if it rains at the beach. Nice service and spacious. Food was delicious, but not much local sea food.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Had a lovely meal with very nice hosts and service at this quiet, pleasantly lighted, nicely sited restaurant overlooking Southwest Harbor. It is on the quiet Manset side of the harbor. Lovely views of the water, boats and distant mountains.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Had a fantastic dinner here the other night. Food was wonderful and Denyse the owner very attentive. A must if you're on MDI!

Reviewed August 11, 2014

While staying a bit off the beaten path at The Moorings, my partner and I were happy discover Walkers just a short walk along the water. On the outside it does not appear to be anything special - I imagined the pub/seafood joint that I have visited countless times in my northeast travels - but stepping inside, we were pleased to seen an eclectically designed Mediterranean gem. Brilliant red walls, large mirrors that offer ocean views at all vantage points, tables built to meet the windows to meet the ocean and incredible lighting. These details evidence the gentleness and sophistication of Denise Walker's vision for Southwest Harbor's only Mediterranean restaurant.

We visited Walkers after having a large lunch so we had only light dishes - Mediterranean plate, house salad and mussels. Food was solid and the service was excellent. And the blueberry muffin dessert was out of this world!

We enjoyed wonderful conversations with Denise, Jesse and other locals who make this place run. We will visit again upon return to Southwest Harbor.

2  Thank breslico
Reviewed August 6, 2014

During the little time we had cell service on our trip my husband found this restaurant based on the high ratings. From the moment we arrived I just knew the whole experience would be worth it. The restaurant sits opposite a boat marina/dock and was beautiful in the hour or two before sunset. We grabbed an outdoor table due to having our dog with us which the restaurant was totally accommodating for. This definitely has more of a local vibe and I'm not sure how many tourists stumble upon it - you'd never know it was there except for one small sign pointing in its direction.

Our waitress was extremely friendly. We placed our drink orders and asked about a lidded cup for our little one. She explained that not many kids dined there and they unfortunately didn't have any kid cups - no worries we could just use a straw. Judging by the menu, her statement was very accurate - nothing really kid appropriate but my daughter will normally try most anything and we planned to share with her anyway. After the waitress left we decided on our entrees - seafood pasta and scallop meal, plus a Meditarranean spread appetizer. Then we waited. And waited. After about 20 minutes (possibly longer) my husband found our waitress, who apologized for the delay and delivered our drinks, he asked her if the meal would take this long (we still hadn't ordered yet) and she said unfortunately, it would. From what we could tell they had limited staff to support the volume that evening. It's a small restaurant but only a few open tables left. I had my heart set on watching the sunset from the Bass Harbor Lighthouse and it was already 7:10 - less than an hour before we had to be there. Mind you, we arrived at the restaurant at 6:35. We told the waitress we would just have our drinks and would like the check. We finished our drinks (the johnny appleseed cider was delicious by the way), still no check. My husband had to go inside and pay at the bar. By the time we left we had wasted an almost an hour, still needed to have dinner, and only had a half hour to find an alternative, pick up firewood, and head to the lighthouse.

I was extremely disappointed by this experience. We had a wonderful view, nice music playing, great weather for our outdoor seating, and our hearts set on a delicious meal. Unfortunately, the restaurant was just too slow for our liking. Maybe they want it to feel authentic and for diners to take their time and enjoy their experience but that's not what we had in mind when we showed up. I'm not saying I wouldn't give this place a second chance - I just might considering the menu - but for the money we would've spent this place just didn't fit what we were looking for. We don't blame the waitress - she was extremely friendly and doing the best she could - we just feel things could have been handled better.

1  Thank sightsnsounds