“A little gem on Mount Desert Island”

Eat-A-Pita & Cafe 2
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Cute patio, even cuter atmosphere inside - and very unique. I had been waiting to have a dining experience near Bar Harbor that would make me go "wow", and this was it. Excellent staff, quick service, wonderful menu with exactly what we were looking for: seafood with a twist. Tempted by dessert, we chose the day's special - an incredible little thing called "boudino". Custard, caramel... I'm usually not a fan of sweet food, but I didn't regret giving it a chance. If it's offered on the menu when you go there, don't hesitate even a second!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Ate dinner at Café 2 in June 2013 with four others. Tall ceilings, yet cozy feel at sturdy wooden tables. Wait staff efficient, but not hovering. I had lobster bisque soup and a spinach salad that was so plentiful I could eat only half. Good wine. Good food. Reasonable cost. The other side is a small space that during the day serves pitas and snacks. Open air bar outside Café 2.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I just loved all the items on the menu, took us a while to figure out what we wanted, however, we were in search of New England Clam Chowder. We were not disappointed, we got a 16 oz. bowl of chowder and were full. The menu had so many different items, the sandwiches sounded wonderful, lots of different choices, endless items put on the sandwich and unique dressings. Wish I had a bigger appetite, would love to have had a sandwich.

The cafe is very quaint, lots to look out. While we were there, the chef went out and picked fresh basil.

The value was good, the service attentive, we were not rushed, and just really enjoyed ourselves.

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We ate outside which was nice. Crab cakes are great. Farfalle pasta was very good. Salad was good too but bleu cheese dreading didn't have much taste. Server was nice but pretty busy. We would go there again.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

The Island Bar at Eat a Pita is one of the best bars I've ever been to. Our exercise group walks across the street after spinning every Thursday and has drinks and snacks. They have a mean skinny margarita! Everything is fresh and tasty. The owner comes to help pour drinks if it's too busy. The food is always good and the pitas are full of fresh veggies. Breakfast, lunch and dinner! Any meal is fresh and tasty.

1  Thank littletexasgal