“Fruit Smooties!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I am a local, and just found out about these this summer. I really recommend you stop in for one of the fruit smooties, they are too good for words. They are all sweetened with juice and honey, no refined sugar added. They are great on a Summer day, perfect for when its too hot to eat!

There are newer reviews for Eat-A-Pita & Cafe 2

Reviewed October 14, 2012

You can’t not like this place.
We ate here twice on a recent trip, and would have gladly gone back for a third or fourth time.
The first time was for breakfast. The coffee was superb, which for our assessment is the paramount criteria of a breakfast spot. Blueberry Pancakes, a down east Maine staple, were light and fluffy and delicious with (of course) local Maple syrup. Eggs Benedict were wonderful with smooth, creamy Hollandaise and exquisitely runny poached eggs.
Dinner on another occasion did not disappoint. Pan seared Duck Breast with mashed potatoes and root vegetables was elegantly presented and delicious. Salmon dinner was equally good.
Desert of Blueberry bread pudding was wonderful.
Service was attentive and friendly, not intrusive.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had the pleasure of attending southwest harbors Arcadia Octoberfest for the 17th year and decided to stay on the quiteside of bar harbor this time,we had a great time in this beuatfull town with so many options for dininng and relaxing.The Eat A Pita cafe is one of them,we had a great Breakfast ,the menue is most divirse and not the same old breakfast menue,there dinner menue is the same ,loaded with out side the box iteams that are unique and flavorfull. We had the summer sramble and the Rancherous omlette,both were made with very fresh ingrenients and loaded with flavor,the service was fast and friendly,we didnt have time to have dinner ,but will return the next time,located right on Main St within walking distance from all town business. overall a great value with great food with an off beat comfortable athmospher that is very inviting !

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I ate lunch here on our Sept 2012 visit to Mt. Desert Island. My husband had one of the amazing pita choices and it did not disappoint - it was huge, and filled with fresh veggies. I opted for the burger, which was very good, but when I saw his pita I decided that next time I'll try one of those! Interesting, different place (they morph into the Cafe 2 at night for dinner, but we have not been there for dinner yet). We would definitely recommend this for a fun lunch place.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Dropped by for a late lunch; place was fairly quiet. We were served quickly, and both had chowder and the lobster BLT. These were absolutely delicious, some of the best we've had during our time in Maine.

The place is quite easy to find, opposite the school on the main Southwest Harbor drag. Park around the corner on the side road. Good, clean restrooms also.

If you're in this part of the island and want a great, tasty lunch then I'd recommend giving this place a go.