“Great food, great deserts”

Quietside Cafe and Ice Cream Shop
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Locally owned Family Run Cafe and Ice Cream shop. 19 Years providing great homemade foods with fast friendly service
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We have been going to the Quietside Café since my first time in Maine in 1994. We were there again just last week. Frances & Ralph are so welcoming..it feels like going home. They always sit and chat. Their food is always delicious. from the pizza pie to fresh blueberry pie a la mode to their ice cream. I tried the toasted cocoanut ice cream this year. YUM!!! We were there 3 times last week....and that says something. The group of servers they've got this year are always smiling...and ready to wait on you. Two thumbs up!!! Quietside Café.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was the second time I ate at the Quietside. I had a full meal with friends and it was great. We sat outside and enjoyed the ambience of the nearby park. Don't go just for dessert because the meals are very good, too.

On the other hand, don't go to Soutwest Harbor and miss eating at least one piece of pie at this cafe. They've recently added Key Lime Pie and I highly recommend it. Having lived in the Keys, I know a thing or two about Key Lime pie. Believe, theirs is great and they even offer one with a chocoloate crust that can't be beat. I'd never seen true Key Lime pie with chocolate crust before and was skeptical, but theirs is heavenly.

Finally, however, I have to say that the apple pie with pecan topping was my favorite even though their blueberry pie is arguabley the best in Maine.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Lobster rolls, stew, ice cream and more. Good variety of very tasty ice cream, sorbets, gelatos, etc--a bit pricey though.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This small cafe is a great stop for a treat. My boys both enjoyed their ice-cream and there were some great flavors to choose from. My husband and I shared the apple pie ala mode and it was amazingly good...crumbled topping drizzled with caramel, flaky crust and perfectly cooked and spiced, sweet, slighty tart apples. YUM! Can't comment on the other food, but all the baked goods looked home-made and delicious.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Nice, reasonably priced meals that are well done. It's a little small inside; I think there's 7-8 tables, but they have some outside seating as well. The pizza is good and cheaper than they are at Little Notch down the street. The seafood rolls (Lobster, crab, etc.) are well made and one of the lower prices in town.

Good service for the most part.

Awesome deserts! Cookies that are 6"+ in diameter, brownies that are 3" tall, and the blueberry pie is HUGE. The macaroon's are the best I've ever had.