“Blueberry ice cream was amazing!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quietside Cafe and Ice Cream Shop

Quietside Cafe and Ice Cream Shop
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Locally owned Family Run Cafe and Ice Cream shop. 19 Years providing great homemade foods with fast friendly service
cleveland ohio
“Blueberry ice cream was amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Cute place, was able to walk from our inn. awesome ice cream, maine blueberry was so good! Busy place, chowder looked great too!

Visited June 2013

Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Little cafe deserves big thumbs up !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I just discovered this café and I have to say they are the best! Not only is the food fantastic the owners are some the nicest people we have ever met ! And I never leave comments like this unless it is worthy of one. So if you are planning a trip to the Bar Harbor area, try the quiet side of the island, Southwest harbor and the give the Quiet side café a try, I promise you wont be disappointed. :) :) :) Oh and don't get me started on the Macaroons, I personally have never been a fan of them but when I tried there's I could not get enough !
This will be our #1 place when we return to Maine !

Lehigh Valley PA
“Quietside Cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

We have been enjoying meals at the Quiet side Cafe for years. We love their delicious homemade soups and stews, not to mention their pies and cookies. When we visit MDI we dine there often; it simply wouldn't be a satisfying visit to MDI without saying hello to Frances and Ralph and eating at their cafe. Our last visit there is always the morning we leave for home so we can take some blueberry or apple pie with us!

“Not real clam chowder.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I decided to just have some chowder for dinner do we went here. The clam chowder you could tell was from a can, not homemade at all. However, the lobster stew was very tasty with huge chunks of lobster in it. Not the place for authentic New England clam chowdah.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Fredericton
“Super friendly service and delicious food - best key lime pie ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Spent the day touring all around Mt Desert Island and ended up in Southwest Harbor for lunch. What a treat! Friendly welcoming staff. We had the crab roll and lobster stew. It would have to be one of the best crab rolls I have ever had; stuffed to overflowing with crab. I tasted my partner's lobster stew and it was rich and full of lobster pieces. But, the icing on the cake if you will, was Frances' homemade key lime pie. Now, I love key lime pie and try it whenever and where ever I can. This was the very best key lime pie that I have ever had. Frances came over and chatted with us for awhile, and that made the whole experience that much more personal. Will definitely be back.

Visited June 2013