“The Special Haddock Quesadilla was intense”

Cafe Dry Dock & Inn
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Before heading back home, we dropped by the Dock for a quick dinner. I was anticipating a basic seafood dish, but at the prodding of my wife, went with one of the Specials: the Haddock Quesadilla. To sum it up, it was magnificent; a marvelously prepared haddock covered by multiple melted cheeses in a toasted tortilla. And to top it off, a nicely spiced avocado sauce to accent the flavor. That with a glass of cold ale made my day.

Islandlocal90, Owner at Cafe Dry Dock & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Thank you for your review on an item that we just put on the menu this week. One of our staff was looking for ways to add some new items this week and came up with this dish. When I first saw the review I had to ask my wife about the haddock quesadilla as I was not aware of it. I'm glad it was well received and look forward to trying it. Our kitchen staff has a free reign to invent new dishes and try them out. We encourage them to change our menu to give more variety to the many repeat customers looking for something new. Thanks again for your review.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Dry Dock & Inn

Reviewed August 23, 2014

I go to the drydock whenever i am thirsty, hungry for a decent meal at relatively decent prices or I want to spend time with the locals.

Islandlocal90, Owner at Cafe Dry Dock & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Thank you for your great review. We are the place where the locals go, when they go out for drinks and dinner. On any given night there are fishermen, lawyers, chefs from area restaurants, and tourists at our bar and enjoying our meals. Our menu includes many items from the waters around this island and out of our gardens. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Enjoyed lunch here with my wife, her sister and b-i-l. Two lobster rolls, very generous amounts, a French dip, tasty and a blackened chicken, pretty good. Service was pretty quick and the food was good, if little pricy. Average for south west harbor.

Islandlocal90, Owner at Cafe Dry Dock & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2014

Thank you for your review. We sell a lot of lobster rolls and for the amount of meat in them, we keep them competitively priced. The French dip is smoked by us here weekly and is the second largest selling sandwich for lunch. We use quality meat purchased locally and then smoke it for hours outside on our smoker. This was a fall special but the demand was so high that we keep it on the menu throughout the season. Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Came in for a late lunch while driving down to Seawall. Should have read the other reviews. While our server was polite and friendly, we were really bummed with the food. The warm and wilted salad started things off - even the vinaigrette was bad. The crab quiche was best described as mushy crabmeat in a loaf of grease. My daughter's Caesar salad was literally drowning in dressing and the grilled chicken was rubbery and tasted like fish - I'm assuming it was cooked on the same dirty grill. Good thing none of us had any food allergies. My 'Maniac' burger was ok - not great but not bad. Came with potato chips and a weird pasta salad that had way too much pepper. All-in-all our worst meal in Maine. Go somewhere else.

Islandlocal90, Owner at Cafe Dry Dock & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

The internet has enable us to do a lot of things, but it has also given people the place to hide when they need be. If there was as many things wrong with your meals wouldn't be easier to address them at the time? You like to complain to us while hiding behind your computer instead of a person to person which tells us a lot about you. If you read our reviews you will see that we are a popular restaurant and just so happen to be the most popular in town. We are the largest and have been that way for a long time. Once in awhile there may be a salad that gets by us or something else but this is usually taken care of by bringing it to our attention. As for the crab and salad, the problem lies with your daughter as these are very popular dishes and you have been the only one to complain. Chicken and fish are not cooked on the same grill and never have been. We all make mistakes in this business and we also rectify them once this is brought to our attention. The next time you are not happy with a meal, wherever you are, man-up and give the restaurant's staff a chance to fix it.

Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Fine food but for the area you can find much better for the price. Decor was dated and food was just adequate. Would not visit again.

We are sorry you did not like our restaurant, but being from New York City you have probally been to a few. I saw the great reviews you gave to a coffee shop that serves just coffee and muffins, not much of a challenge in that with their 2 maybe 3 employees. Then you reviewed an ice cream shop that is good and we are friends with the owners. Now lets talk large restaurants. First thing I see is your here on the cheap from the places you like. We have inexpensive items, but if your looking for quality steaks and seafood on a MacDonald's budget you won't find anything on the island. Our inside dinning rooms may be dated but I have yet to meet anyone coming here to just examine the many of the artifacts on the walls. I was visited by the Daughter's of the American Revolution who were hoping I would donate a musket on the wall from the American Revolution to the Smithsonian, but that is another story We are a locals restaurant and food is the number one concern for people coming here. You will have to try the Seawall Dinning Room where they make popovers and soups and salad for donations. The price is right and its kind of a locals secret with popovers as good as the Jordan Pond House.