“lovely food, good service”
Review of Fiddlers' Green - CLOSED

Fiddlers' Green
Cuisines: American, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fiddlers' Green provides: - outstanding quality of food and service in a warm, casual and fun atmosphere overlooking the ocean in Southwest Harbor, ME The cuisine is prepared daily using: - the finest seasonal ingredients - local and organic produce - farm raised meats - the very best fish the oceans have to offerThe culinary style: - celebrates New England traditions without being bound by them. - Influences of Italy, Spain, France, Austria, Asia and the Southwest can be found throughout new menu items introduced dailyWe offer: - a wide range of classic cocktails, specialty martinis, wines by the glass, aperitifs and a complete wine list with over 100 selections as well as cognacs, single malt scotches and digestives - Online Ordering for "ToGo" ordersOur goal: - is to make you feel welcome. We look forward to your visit! NOW OFFERING GLUTEN FREE OPTIONS!
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The service was prompt and courteous. We had a 3 course meal for two and one glass of wine, cost was $92 without tip. The lobster & wildmushroom bisque was fabulous and a good-szed bowl. I had a scallop dish, my spouse had a pork dish; both were quite good. Crab cake appetizer was tasty. No complaints. We made a reservation for a Friday evening dinner for two.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

After reading the reviews on trip advisor we were looking forward to dinner at Fiddlers' Green. It was our most disappointing meal in Southwest Harbor. The service was friendly and no shortage of staff, however they seemed to be quite confused. A starter of smoked salmon and cod was water logged, obviously frozen and thawed, and served with dry toasted bread. The lobster pasta with pecans and basil was bland, and the pulled pork was a large glob of meat on the plate and nothing special. For the price and creative sounding menu, the presentation and flavours were very disappointing.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We just visited Fiddlers' Green for the second time, and we had an equally good experience. This fine dining restaurant is perfect for vacation; low key, comfortable, excellent food, and extraordinary service. Unlike my previous experience in Southwest Harbor at another fine dining establishment, the bartender at Fiddlers' knows his stuff and make me a rye old fashioned like a speakeasy pro. Our server made some recommendations for salads and appetizers, and my wife had a salad from the daily special and I chose the mussels. I love mussels and needed to decide between them or the oysters, so with our waiter's urging I chose the Maine mussels... So glad I did, they were delicious; buttery and briny, cook perfectly, and paired with a great Pouilly-Fuissé.
Our dinners did not disappoint! My wife had the Farm to Table Roast Pig, which she said was incredibly delicious, and I had a daily fish special (forgot the specific fish) that was amazing. Dessert was equally impressive when several staff recommended the Heidi Cake (complete with history of the chef’s mother, who invented and makes the cake). We were very happy we chose to go back, and definitely prefer this spot over Red Sky, the other fine dining restaurant in Southwest Harbor. Cheers to the kitchen, and a thanks to the wait staff who are warm, knowledgeable, passionate, and make dining at Fiddlers’ relaxing, fun, and satisfying.

2  Thank Jordan H
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I may be a bit biased, since this is near to me, but we always make a point to go to Fiddlers a couple of times a year. Its well done fresh food and there are a lot of options. I like that I can have a glass of wine and a light healthy option, or indulge with something heavy and comforting. Its isnt flash or edgy experiments in over the top cuisine. thank god for that. Fiddler is a well executed, reliable place that we enjoy.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Casual but delicious dining experience in the quiet town of Southwest Harbor. The price range needs updating on trip advisor... Sandwiches/burgers start around $12. They had a kids menu and atmosphere is fine for families and couples alike. We had a very sweet waitress who was great to us and our kids...some can ignore them and I appreciated her time to chat with them as well. I had a delicious burger, husband had a fish Reuben, kids had --surprise--chicken tenders! Crab cakes were great as an appetizer and the warm bread was so good. All ingredients are local and very fresh!

1  Thank The4Explorers