“Not What I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Fiddlers' Green - CLOSED

Fiddlers' Green
Cuisines: American, Bar, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Fiddlers' Green provides: - outstanding quality of food and service in a warm, casual and fun atmosphere overlooking the ocean in Southwest Harbor, ME The cuisine is prepared daily using: - the finest seasonal ingredients - local and organic produce - farm raised meats - the very best fish the oceans have to offerThe culinary style: - celebrates New England traditions without being bound by them. - Influences of Italy, Spain, France, Austria, Asia and the Southwest can be found throughout new menu items introduced dailyWe offer: - a wide range of classic cocktails, specialty martinis, wines by the glass, aperitifs and a complete wine list with over 100 selections as well as cognacs, single malt scotches and digestives - Online Ordering for "ToGo" ordersOur goal: - is to make you feel welcome. We look forward to your visit! NOW OFFERING GLUTEN FREE OPTIONS!
Newtown, Connecticut
“Not What I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

This place is OK, but not what I expected.
I thought this restaurant specialized in local food, but I thought wrong. If I had to categorize it, I would call it a steak house.
The steak dinners I saw coming out of the kitchen looked great, but I was looking for local fish offerings. I was rather surprised by the trout on the menu coming from Idaho.
For a starter, I had some oysters from Blue Hill Maine. They were exceptionally good. My wife had the cheese soup, which was good, but not great.
For a main course, I had a seared scallop dish. It was a confusing watery bowl of delicious scallops with out-of-season asparagus, anemic tomatoes, and over cooked pancetta. My wife went with the vegetarian option of eggplant parmesan, which she said was somewhat undercooked.
For desert, I had the cheese plate. The one listed on the menu was not available, so they substituted another. It was disappointing.
Service was adequate.
My advice. There are better places to eat for less money in Southwest Harbor.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank philcrev

Marblehead, Massachusetts
“First time visit and really good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Food is delicious, well-prepared and beautifully served. Wish there had been more fish entrees, but enjoyed what we had very much.

Visited October 2012
Arlington, VA
“still a good place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Fiddlers has been around for awhile and could use a little freshening up but the food is still good, the service is very gracious, and the servings are generous. My husband was disappointed in the strozzapretti, but I enjoyed my salmon. The wines are very good and very well-priced.

Visited September 2012
Annapolis, Maryland
“Nice”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Surprisingly good, not your normal downeast place. If you want a lobster dinner this isnt the place, but for something different, its a special little place

Visited August 2012
Maine
“Very good food, helpful, attentive staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

We had the antipasto appetizer and it was really good. A bit different with a couple of different beans on it. Our server was helpful with choosing wine and brought a sample to help with the decision. My husband had the trout and it was excellent. I had the baked halibut special and the fish was cooked perfectly. I would have liked more veggies but it was plenty of food. Warm, friendly restaurant. We would return.

Visited September 2012