“Desserts galore.”

Fiddlers' Green
Cuisines: American, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fiddlers' Green provides: - outstanding quality of food and service in a warm, casual and fun atmosphere overlooking the ocean in Southwest Harbor, ME The cuisine is prepared daily using: - the finest seasonal ingredients - local and organic produce - farm raised meats - the very best fish the oceans have to offerThe culinary style: - celebrates New England traditions without being bound by them. - Influences of Italy, Spain, France, Austria, Asia and the Southwest can be found throughout new menu items introduced dailyWe offer: - a wide range of classic cocktails, specialty martinis, wines by the glass, aperitifs and a complete wine list with over 100 selections as well as cognacs, single malt scotches and digestives - Online Ordering for "ToGo" ordersOur goal: - is to make you feel welcome. We look forward to your visit! NOW OFFERING GLUTEN FREE OPTIONS!
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We came in for desserts after a dinner in Bar Harbor. Decadent selections of sweet served by topnotch staff. Relaxed atmosphere provided a conducive spot for tete-a-tete.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

An anniversary dinner needs to be special, and this was. Small, quaint, excellent service and fine food. Worth at trip to Southwest from Bar Harbor.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I spent 6 days in Southwest Harbor, beatiful place. We were looking for a great place to have a nice meal for our 25th Anniversary and decided on the Fiddlers' Green after receiving two recommendations. The atmosphere was romantic and the staff was very friendly and very helpful when chosing our meal. I wanted to try lobster, but didn't want a whole lobster, so she recommended the Maine Lobster Strozzapretti Pasta, which I believe to be the best meal I've ever had. Absolutely delicious! My husband ordered the filet, which was cooked perfect and was very tender. It was a little pricey, but we expected that. If we ever make it back to Maine again, we will definatley plan to have dinner at the Fiddlers' Green agian.

2  Thank Kim L
Reviewed September 10, 2012

If you're in Southwest Harbor at dinner time and looking for something more than basic fare, drive about a half mile south and give Fiddlers' Green a try! Food was fresh, imaginative, and very tasty!

I had the Maine Lobster Strozzapretti Pasta (lobster meat, fire roasted tomato, fresh basil, caramelized shallots, and roasted pecans, tossed with pasta, all in a cream sauce, for $28) ... it was very different from your typical lobster dish ... and it was excellent!

We probably should have called for a reservation, since it was Sunday night on Labor Day Weekend, but we had no problem getting a table.

1  Thank MassCouple2
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Visited there over the Labor Day weekend. Ate each night at a different restaurant in SW Harbor, Maine Overall this place was our favorite. We ate in the covered porch room which was very pleasant. It's a good sized room with an airy feeling and windows out towards the water. There appears to be other rooms in the main part of the restaurant but we didn't even peek in there. So the atmosphere was great.

Our server/waitress was a bit interesting. She started off by explaining a recent trip she took to Saint Lucia and how they had the most wonderful grapefruits. This was, we think, because my friend ordered a vodka and grapefruit juice drink. But the story went on for several minutes which was a bit weird. But the drinks arrived and they were well made and a good size. We both eventually had a second drink and they were as good as the first. The bartender in the bar area was good at making drinks.

The appetizer was good but a bit strange. Let's just call it interesting. We both ordered fish dishes and salads and my friend's dish was very very undercooked. I had eaten about 1/2 of mine and she was just picking at hers when she finally said it was too raw. So we called the waitress over and she took it and in about 10-15 minutes brought a whole new one which was great. But my food was cold as I waited for her new food to arrive. I wasn't sure whether to eat or not. I decided to wait and we sipped our drinks. The second time around for my friend's dinner was great. My food was also good but the whole 10+ minute waiting thing put both of us off. We also were not offered bread until our appetizer was almost gone which was also a bit out of sorts.

We felt that they should have offered a free dessert or coffee or something for the inconvenience but nothing was offered. The bill was around $115 + tip so not cheap. I should have said something as I am not shy about it but this was a romantic dinner and the room was full of couples enjoying life. For the waitress or owner not to have offered something was strange to me. I think the raw fish dish would have made my friend ill if she had eaten it. For a fish dish to have left the kitchen that raw is a bit scary. I've never gotten a raw fish entree.

I would go again but would caution others to be sure to check their food carefully. What should have been a really nice experience turned out to be just average due to the semi-weird server and problems with the food. We did not order dessert and had coffee elsewhere down the street.

The place is good for a romantic dinner but they could use some improvements.

1  Thank Alistair_MacLean