“The Worst!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of XYZ Restaurant

XYZ Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Annapolis, Maryland
“The Worst!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

This was not only the worst restaurant we're been to, but also the most over-rated!
We were excited to try the food, but were not only disappointed by it, but also by the atmosphere, and especially the service - TERRIBLE!

2 Thank samantha w
mexveritas, Owner at XYZ Restaurant, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
thanks for the wonderful review. in our opinion a strong response is a great response. we accept the compliment.

United States
“Superb authentic Mexican food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

My wife and I had the beef tongue and the mole poblano. Both were outstanding. Hard to believe you may eat authentic Mexican in Southwest Harbor, ME. I do know and prepare authentic Mexican and this is the genuine article. Be sure to make reservations.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Rich O
Chicago, Illinois
“Okay food, very poor value”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

I reside in Chicago and am thus spoiled with good Mexican fare. My principal complaint is not with the food per se, but with value. Indeed, if the prices at this little Mexican joint were a bit more reasonable, it would likely garner a more positive review. That said, the food does not justify the $25 that you will pay for each main dish. I ordered the chile relleno and was underwhelmed. The dish was a bit too bland and the ingredients simple; I would happily pay $10 for a dish of this quality. My other principal complaint is that they served bread before our courses. I expect chips or tortillas or something a bit more traditional at a place serving Mexican fare. On the bright side, I did not have a problem with mosquitoes as other reviewers noted and the ambiance was nice (though the dining room was a bit dark). The desserts were also good. Still, these redeeming qualities in no way justify the $35-45 you will pay per person for two dishes and a drink.

1 Thank posttranslational
mexveritas, Owner at XYZ Restaurant, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
The perception of value is always interesting. In Mexico one can buy an order of chile rellenos at a stall in the market or go to a happening restaurant overlooking the plaza where you will pay considerably more for basically the same dish. Which is the better value? And while a bowl of fried tortilla chips has become ubiquitous at many eateries serving mexican food in the united states such is not the case in Mexico. At our favorite restaurants in San Luis Potosi dinner service always begins with crusty bread rolls not tortilla chips. It is unfortunate that many Americans equate dining in Mexico with a Super Bowl party.
“Good Mexican Food But Expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

The night we were there--a Friday--brought excellent service and very little sign of the mosquitos that other have experienced. The food was good but not great. All of the main courses were priced at 25 dollars and I thought that this was expensive especially since comparable restaurants in and about Chicago are considerably less in particular for the vegetarian dish and these restaurants provide chips. All in all if you are tired of seafood or fish food this is a decent alternative. I would prefer to pay the same amount and eat at Red Sky.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious, hidden spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Though we initially drove past this hidden spot, once we found it we felt like we were part of the family. The owner greeted us and was very friendly to us and our son. The restaurant filled up quickly (make sure you make reservations!). Menu is small, but authentic and very good. We started with a chilled avocado soup then I had the chili rellenos (not deep fried like at the chains, but baked to gooey, bubbly perfection) and my husband had a mole dish. My only disappointment was that I didn’t have my basket of chips and guacamole to munch on while we were waiting (they serve bread and salsa instead), but the food was good enough to make up for that. That, and it was incredibly buggy so come armed with your bug spray if you plan on stepping outside at all!

Visited August 2012