“Outstanding breakfast”

Description: Breakfast Only Resturant
Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
“Outstanding breakfast”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had an outstanding breakfast here while on summer vacation a few months ago. Fairly mainstream choices, but made exceptionally well. For example, the stuffed french toast - two pieces each almost an inch thick, with creme cheese and covered with fruit that was actual crushed raspberries (not your typical red syrup with just a few bit of fruit). The blueberry pancakes were full of blueberries. For your choice of bread, get the homemade oatmeal bread and spread with the homemade strawberry rhubarb jam. If I lived on MDI, I'd make this breakfast a weekly event. The restaurant is not at all fancy but go for the food.

Visited June 2013

Asheville,NC
“Good but Expensive”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Weekend breakfast choices in SW Harbor are limited and Sea Biscuit is one of two available. My husband and I had a breakfast sandwich with fruit cup as a side that was very tasty but more expensive than it should have been for size and quantity. The service is fast and friendly and it is clearly a popular spot for locals and travelers.

Visited September 2013
Boone, Iowa
“Best Blueberry Pancakes, Ham & Eggs and great stories!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Hub & I had the n'easter which included a huge blueberry pancake, eggs, ham, home fries & baked beans. OMG! The blueberry pancake was incredible and the eggs and ham so tasty and fresh. We told our waitress that we were from Iowa where eggs and ham should be at it's best, but it could not compare to theirs, she laughed and said "we get these from Iowa" (lol) Well, all I can say is Iowa must send it's best to Southwest Harbor Maine!

I had the fresh squeezed orange juice and it was worth every penny. I grew up in Florida (besides Iowa) and I know fresh squeeze OJ and what it should taste like and their was the best I've ever had! (sorry Florida) And you can sit right there and watch her squeeze it.
Each table has a different story about something in the families past, our story was the one with the Moose in the telephone lines, great story.

The only thing I would improve on is the baked beans, could add more flavor as they were flat.

Otherwise, it's the best breakfast I've ever had and when we go back next year this is on our must do again list!

Maine
“Local Review”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Decided to go here for our once in a while Sunday breakfast at the suggestion of my boyfriend who had heard that it was good food for reasonable prices. We got there about 10:00 a.m. and had to wait for about 5 minutes to get a table. They were busy on this rainy Sunday and seeing their menu I understood it would be a while before we actually ate.

The problem was that it was quite some time before we even saw our waitress, much less got coffee. They bring a coffee carafe to the table which is nice, but our waitress never came back to the table after taking our order to see if we needed more during our 1/2 hour wait for the food.

The menu is the most extensive I've ever seen for breakfast. I got one of the "stacked" dishes with homemade Mornay sauce. It was basically homefries, sausage patty and eggs stacked on top of each other with the sauce poured over it. Way too much sauce, too thick and too cheesy without flavor. I was able to scrape most of the sauce to the side. The homemade white toast was excellent as was the strawberry-rhubarb jelly (which they sell and would be well worth the $6.00 price tag.) At $11.95, I think that two sausage patties would have been more price-worthy.

My boyfriend had the Nor'Easter which is a lot of food! Two pancakes, three eggs, ham, sausage, bacon, homefries, and baked beans and toast. Everything was fine except the baked beans that lacked the "baked bean" flavor that New Englanders are used to. Nothing exceptional, but probably worth the $14.95 price.

We didn't try the freshly squeezed orange juice - at $4.00 for a small (very small) glass, it was too rich for our pocketbook.

I might take a guest from "away" there for a different kind of breakfast, but as locals, my boyfriend and I won't be going back. Too expensive, poor service, and a too long wait for breakfast isn't worth it. A liquor license to augment the wait (Bloody Mary, Mimosas) might have made it more worth the wait and the cost.

Illinois, USA
“Excellent Breakfast and excellent service”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stopped there for breakfast on the recommendation of the front desk personnel at our hotel. The meal was wonderful and plentiful at a reasonable price. Our server was very friendly, efficient, and actually very funny. She really seemed to enjoy her job. We wanted to go back for dinner, but they only serve breakfast.