“Excellent Breakfast and excellent service”
Review of sea biscuit - CLOSED

sea biscuit
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout
Description: Breakfast Only Resturant
Illinois, USA
“Excellent Breakfast and excellent service”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stopped there for breakfast on the recommendation of the front desk personnel at our hotel. The meal was wonderful and plentiful at a reasonable price. Our server was very friendly, efficient, and actually very funny. She really seemed to enjoy her job. We wanted to go back for dinner, but they only serve breakfast.

• Visited September 2013

Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Must not miss!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Hands down Awesome! The wait staff (and owners) are beyond friendly. They make you feel like family. The blueberry pancakes are more blueberry than cake. Lots of good coffee. Breakfast cooked perfectly. We were treated to the homemade rhubarb jam and oatmeal toast (grandmas recipe). You must go here.

• Visited September 2013
Middletown, Connecticut
“Its ok”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

It was a long wait to be served, the price was high for the basic breakfast-nothing special about the place.

Visited September 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Best breakfast on our vacation”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day so I'm pretty picky when it comes to judging the food. Well Sea Biscuit blew my expectations out of the park. It was a pleasant surprise as we almost didn't stop, but glad we did. I had the gluten free blueberry pancakes with a side of crispy bacon and one scrambled egg. All great. I love that they had a gluten free option. They also brought out a homemade rhubarb and strawberry jam. I stole a piece of toast from my hubby to try. It was fabulous! The ladies working were very friendly and I felt like a local as it was definately a plan where they gathered for their Sunday family gatherings as everyone seemed to know each other.

Visited August 2013
Harrisburg, Pa.
“Average and Expensive”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

South West Harbor is a great little village on Mount Desert Island. We stopped at Sea Biscuits Café for a late breakfast. Overall, I would have to say it was average, almost disappointing and very expensive. I had the blueberry pancakes. Maybe my expectations were too high, but there were hardly any blueberries in them. What was there was small and dry. We also had an egg sandwich that came with home fries, it was average and certainly not worth the $10.00 price tag. Orange juice was $4.00. The oatmeal bread and strawberry jam were very good. The ambience was nice, and I appreciated the family fun atmosphere. The service was OK. When we return, we will skip this place. There are many other places around that are better and more reasonable.

• Visited August 2013