“Awesome breakfast!”

Description: Breakfast Only Resturant
Newark, DE
“Awesome breakfast!”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Not perfect, but very good. Coffee could have been better and service (cooking end) could have been a smidgen faster, but the food was great! Fresh squeezed OJ awesome; blueberry juice awesome; French toast, lobster benedict, chocolate chip pancakes with rasberry suace, bacon, sausage, 3 egg omelot, all awesome! I can nitpick away at the less than perfects, but a great meal. Too expensive for a regular breakfast though.

• Visited August 2012

Toronto
“Tasty pancakes”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We camped Acadia National Park (Seewall) and got pretty heavily rained on over night, so we needed some warm food and comfort before we headed down the coast to Ogunquit. We rolled in midweek at 9 AM and it was lined up out the door - rainy day in South West harbor = hungry tourists and park goers. The staff was a bit flustered with the rush so there was some light chaos before seating but it was delicious. I tried a stack of blueberry pancakes which truly hit the spot, and whole menu looked amazing. Also, nice touch - great photos on the walls of local history - such a mid-century series of black and whites depicting a family and their adopted bear, and, each table had a near little story of local lore in place to add to the flavour.

• Visited July 2012
Sutton, MA
“Best breakfasts ever!”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and I were in Southwest Harbor for three days and had the best breakfasts of our lives. Everything is homemade. The breads (I tried oatmeal and cinnamon swirl) are incredible as is their strawberry rhubarb jam. The most amazing thing though was the oatmeal pancakes. They were phenomenal. I love pancakes, and these were better than I ever had. I also recommend the omelette special with pesto, provolene cheese, and tomatoes. I liked it so much that I plan to make pesto this weekend to duplicate it. The restaurant is exceptionally clean and the owners and their daughter very friendly. It does get very busy on weekend mornings though. Centrally located in SW Harbor.

• Visited August 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Went downhill, fast”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We ate here 3 times this summer. The prices are too high ($2 for coffee!!). The service was ok on the first visit, worse on the second visit, and on the third visit, the OWNER (her face and "story" are on those silly little placards on the tables) was RUDE. I'm confused why everyone loves their pancakes. At each visit, someone in our party ordered them and was always disappointed. We ate at Brandon & Laura's the rest of the visit.

• Visited July 2012
Bar Harbor, Maine
“Best Breakfast on the Quietside”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Excellent coffee ... love the Mount Mornay ... omellettes are very good, too - your choice of ingredients.

Visited July 2012