Harbor View Motel And Cottages
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Lindenwood Inn(Southwest Harbor)
$119
$99
Kimball Terrace Inn(Northeast Harbor)
$65
Quality Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$139
Hampton by Hilton Bar Harbor(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$119
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Seawall Motel(Southwest Harbor)
The Claremont Hotel(Southwest Harbor)
Harbor Ridge(Southwest Harbor)
  • Pool
Wonder View Inn(Bar Harbor)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmain buildingbit datedquiet sidecontinental breakfast was greatthe wi fibar harborlocation is greatfourth staynice balconysmall townacadia parkshort walk into townclassic mainelarge roomyogurtfour nightsbed was comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Don't expect luxury. But after saying that the rooms were spacious. I loved my porch looking over the southwest harbor. It's on the quiet side of the island. It is about a 15 minutes drive to the entrance to Acadia national park and Bar Harbor. There are sights to see and places to eat in Southwest harbor. So if just want to relax on the quiet side this is a nice spot. I stayed there because of price and they allowed dogs. I wish the rooms had phones. I vacationed alone and I felt safe. The staff were friendly. There was a good sized field for my dog to run around in. I've stayed 3 times here but I wanted to be closer to Bar Harbor so I've started staying someplace else but the view of the harbor more than makes up for the travel to the other side of the island.

Room Tip: There are south units and North units. Spend the extra money and get a unit with a view. It's more than worth the extra money to have a private porch overlooking the harbor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Michelle M
mozarella45, Manager at Harbor View Motel And Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for your review of the Harbor View Motel. It was a good description, and highlighted why many people like to come to the Harbor View, and Southwest Harbor in general. You're certainly right about the view, I don't think you're going to find a better one on Mount Desert Island. It's a very safe town and a safe motel...perfect for someone traveling alone, like yourself, or for a family with young children. We've made improvements to the facility, and we plan on making more. I hope you will come back and visit us again some time soon.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We have been staying at the Harbor View for our vacations since 1982. We go back there yearly because of the beautiful view, friendly staff, quaint surroundings and peace. Southwest Harbor is on the "quiet side" of Mount Desert Island, but there is still a lot to do. And at the end of the day, we feel like we are going home when we return to the Harbor View. It doesn't get better than that. If you are looking for high-tech gadgets, fitness center, room service, swimming pool, hot tubs and fireplaces, go elsewhere. But if you are looking for the feel of the area, nice and accommodating staff and beautiful scenery, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Rooms with a harbor view are the best. They have an excellent web site, showing virtual tours to help you decide.
3  Thank jan o
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We were happy there and the beds were okay (as opposed to one sofa bed from 4 years ago). The shower was great and we were able to make use of the kitchen. The view is great but you can't sit around for long to view it because the sofa is pretty uncomfortable. If it had had really comfortable seating we'd give it a 4.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SnowBird0211
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My partner and I came to Bar Harbor for the first time on the way down from Nova Scotia, and had the most amazing experience. The staff was incredibly helpful (they recommended the excellent Fiddlers' Green for a romantic and scrumptious dinner), friendly, and accommodating. Our second floor room was spacious with a large wall-to-wall, ceiling-to-floor window that overlooked a breathtaking panoramic view of the harbor. Once we got into our room, we couldn't hear a thing from the outside—perfect for a deeply restful night after a long drive! That, paired with a great hot shower after a delicious meal made for an idyllic and memorable experience. We're definitely staying here again!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Totally enjoyed my stay at Harbor View. I stayed there October 2013. Stayed in room 201. Very Roomy and Comfortable. Absolutely Gorgeous view off of the covered deck which I was glad it was covered since it rained for part of our stay. Only downside is privacy. Walls are thin and we could clearly hear our neighbors when they were speaking.

1  Thank TerryK41