“Wonderful and admirable concept”

Common Good Kitchen Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Massachusetts
“Wonderful and admirable concept”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I was happy to stop by CG Kitchen Cafe. Quite campy, plenty of tables and hot popovers just keep on coming. Oatmeal was okay, but what do you expect. Milk, OJ, hot tea and good coffee. Everyone is on the honor system in that you pay through a donation. Wifi worked well, which was also a draw as connectivity is always an issue in that area. Popovers held their own, but I would still give Jordan Pond House an edge. Sorry. But definitely stop by. You'll enjoy it and it's a great cause.

• Visited July 2014

Baraboo, Wisconsin
“Popover was WONDERFUL”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have never had a popover before so I really cannot judge by others but I LOVED this one! The butter and homemade blueberry jelly were sooo good! I loved the community aspect of this. The lady packed me up one to go and I wish I would have eaten it there so I could have had more!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank peeperburger
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Great way to start a day at Acadia National Park”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Tucked away in a peaceful corner of the park, common good serves a delicious breakfast with juice and coffee for donations that help the local community (https://vimeo.com/72084641). The best part are are famous fresh popovers brought out regularly all day long. The map is wrong for this place. it is several driveways down from where it is shown here. It is actually on the pretty Seawall Pond where you can see beavers while enjoying the sunset.

• Visited July 2013
Bellvue, USA
“The "Gem" of our visit”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

WOW! This place will get our rave reviews for their fantastic popovers and jams as well as their social conscience Read about them. They provide one of the most necessary social support networks I have heard of on the Coast of Maine. When we vacation there, we enjoy the wonderfulness of the place and the people. When we all go home to our jobs and families, a sizable number of the people who made our visit so great, are without steady employment or a social support network. These folks work their butts off to fill the needs of these folks through the hard and cold Maine winters. Go there and enjoy the most delicious popovers you have ever eaten - not for a price, for a donation of your choice. Then try to NOT help them out!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank mobywile
New Jersey, USA
“Kudos to all that work in this place!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Common Good is run by Larry and Laurie and all their extraordinary volunteers. During the summer months they serve popovers, oatmeal and tea & coffee. The popovers were scrumptious. A volunteer brought them out for me – hot and fresh.
My husband and I also ate dinner during the Night Sky Festival as we attended Astronomy 101 Exploring the Night Sky- Celebrating the starlit skies of Downeast Maine, Ron Thompson presented everything you wanted to know about the night sky but were afraid to ask. The food and service was great.
Best view of the harbor!
And the best part is that the proceeds then go to feed the elderly and economically stressed residents during the winter months.
Kudos to all that work in this place!

• Visited September 2013