“Won't go back, not for me”

Brandon & Laura's Cafe
Cuisines: American
Description: 207-244-5551 Serve Breakfast and Lunch from 6am-2pm
Description: 207-244-5551 Serve Breakfast and Lunch from 6am-2pm
Detroit, Michigan
“Won't go back, not for me”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stopped in here for a quick breakfast. Heard this was a place where locals go so I expected an authentic Downeast Maine experience. Well, certainly had so locals there, but not the experience I was expected. I really felt like an outsider who intruding on someone else's family dinner. It was quite uncomfortable. Almost felt like i was stared at when walked in and immediately identified as an outsider.
Service was pretty laid back, as the place was not busy I expected quick service, but I think the servers knew the locals and were involved in the conversation. I ordered cinnamon toast and coffee. Toast was good, coffee was not. Pricing was low, so that was good, but I won't go back here.

Visited June 2012

Mount Desert
“Always reliable, good food”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We have breakfast at Brandon and Laura's Cafe quite often. Everything is always fresh, the home fries are about the best around. There is a choice of homemade breads, and the Anadama is exceptionally good. It makes excellent French Toast. The blueberry pancakes are large, rich and filling, if a big too thick now and then. The service is very, very pleasant. No matter how crowded with locals the cafe is, we never wait very long for our food. Highly recommend for breakfast. We've had lunch only a few times there. The fried clams are about the best in the area that we have had.

• Visited June 2012
Bangor, Maine
“Horrible service!!!!!!”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

The food here was great but horribly over priced. Got a cheeseburger for $6.99 and my wife got two little sliders for $3.99. The price of the sliders wasn't bad but on the menu it said to add $1.00 extra for onion rings so we did. We were charged $1.99 extra per onion rings. Not to mention $2.50 for a little glass of soda. When confronted about the pricing we were told it was right. The worse part was we sat there for 20 minutes before Laura (one of the owners) got around to taking our order while several groups of locals walked in after us and got their orders taken and got their food before we were ever helped. So they cater more to locals than out of towners. Horrible business sense. Will never eat there again and don't recommend anyone else to either. Will go to Jordan's in Bar Harbor next time.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank navylawdog
hughesville, md
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Where the locals eat!!”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Homemade is the best way to describe this family owned diner! From the homemade cinnamon bread french toast for breakfast, to the stuffed haddock platter for lunch; this is our new favorite place. Brandon and Laura treat you like family. I even received a delicious custom birthday cake when I had my birthday while on vacation here! It was delish!

Visited August 2011
Wilmington, Delaware
“Outstanding Breakfast and Lunch”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We have been going here since Laura and Brandon took over several years ago....The food is incredibly good, the portions are large, the people are friendly, the prices are more than fair, the service is great..etc....We feel like family when we go there...Whether it is breakfast or lunch, you can't beat B & L's......Try the cinnamon toast...Unbelievable....We go there as much as we can, and it is still not enough.....Mindy is very entertaining...."Coach" loves to eat there.

• Visited July 2011