“Great food and View”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This place is a great place for a superb breakfast if you don't mind waiting. The view is amazing. The wait staff is friendly and helpful. If you have a leisurely morning, this is a great place to be.

1  Thank littletexasgal

Reviewed November 5, 2012

By husband and I recently spent a few days in Bar Harbor. While we were there we took a day and traveled down to Southwest Harbor. We visited mid October so this little village was a little dead, and we didn't see much to do there. We did however, decide to eat at Grumpy's. This was a good selection because I wanted breakfast, but my husband wanted lunch so Grumpy's offered both. When we approached the restaurant at about 10:45am, there was no one around. I tried the door and it was opened so we went inside only to find no one. We called out and waited around for a couple of minutes and then a lady came out from the kitchen. She turned out to be the waitress, hostess, cook and cashier. I ordered blueberry pancakes with bacon and my husband had a burger. I have to say the pancakes were huge, thick and delicious. My only gripe would be she gave me "Fake" maple syrup. I was sure I would have been offered fresh blueberry syrup or pure maple syrup since we were in Maine! I decided I would ask for some, but she was busy cooking in the kitchen because another couple had come in to dine as well. This is probably the place to go in the summer, and if I would have had that fresh blueberry syrup I would have given rave reviews of the pancake breakfast. My husband burger was good as well.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Grumpy's has a big sign on the main road at their entrance, which is a good thing, because it feels like you are driving down into a marina, and the restaurant is tucked behind a marine supply store. The restaurant itself is spacious and airy and has a beautiful view of the harbor. We arrived late-morning on a weekday for breakfast and it was very quiet - only one other couple was in the restaurant, and Grumpy (?) said she was alone that day so had to play hostess, waitress, and cook, but she was NOT grumpy. That said, our breakfast order (scrambled eggs for me, an omelette for my husband) came out very quickly, and was very tasty (I did think the fried potatoes were a bit greasy, but otherwise the meal was good).

1  Thank YankeeBirder
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This place is cute, tucked away with a nice harbor view. They offer your standard breakfast items...Nothing overly special here. And it also took a very long time to be served

1  Thank samantha w
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Creative and tasty breakfast dishes with a view and seagulls to talk to. Go early - It gets busy in season!

1  Thank macatguy