The Claremont Hotel
Lindenwood Inn(Southwest Harbor)
$119
$99
Travelocity
Kimball Terrace Inn(Northeast Harbor)
$65
Hotels.com
Quality Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$139
Hampton by Hilton Bar Harbor(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$119
  • Breakfast included
Seawall Motel(Southwest Harbor)
Harbor Ridge(Southwest Harbor)
  • Pool
Wonder View Inn(Bar Harbor)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscroquet courtscharming hoteldockside barhistoric elegancehotel bikesnew englandwrap around porchthe cottagescommon living roomclosed for the seasonquintessential mainelaid backshort drivemount desert islandboatstvfireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 9, 2010

My boyfriend and I stay here in Sept 2009. We are in our late 20's/early 30's. We were by far the youngest guests at this hotel. Very quiet place to stay. We enjoyed the row boats and croquet courts, but we used them just to say we did it. The hotel could use some updates, but I did like the nostalgic feel. We did not eat at the on-site restaurant, but it did seem overpriced. We did enjoy a few drinks at the hotel bar/lounge and they were reasonably priced. Overall, I would not stay here again, but I would certainly recommend this property to my parents!

Reviewed October 22, 2009

Average hotel, overpriced restaurant. Am I the only one who thinks this? I get the old bit...and the location is beautiful. But "old" does not equal dirty and threadbare. Our bathroom was in a state of disrepair as was our bed linen. When we raised this initially with the staff I was amazed with the reaction. Another staff member thankfully the next day was a little more understanding thankfully, but unfortunately my first impression sticks. As for the food...poor breakfast, and we only ate at the restaurant once, and that was once too often and sadly overpriced.

1  Thank thebigmig
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I booked a two bedroom cottage at the Claremont Hotel in Southwest Harbor for a quiet getaway with my partner and my brother and his fiance. The cottage was nestled in the woods, quiet, and serene. There were grounds which covered several cottages, the hotel, and the dock/harborside bar. We ate at the restaurant which was lovely and enjoyed cocktails at the dock for the sunset. There was also live jazz on Saturday evening at the Rouse House, croquet on the lawn, afternoon tea with freshly baked cookies, and the convenience of high speed wireless internet. Southwest Harbor was also a lovely little town and not too far from Thurston's Lobster Pound, views of the rocky shoreline, and getting over to the other side to bike or hike on the carriage roads. We were able to get everywhere we wished without much hassle at all and it was a relief to go back to the serene atmosphere of the Claremont at the end of the day. The staff was friendly and helpful and willing to make dinner reservations and recommendations, and accommodate special requests. I would highly recommend a stay here, especially for a special occasion. When I come back to Acadia, this is where I would stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2009

we loved our stay at the claremont hotel!
the staff was so helpful, the ambiance relaxing and elegant in an old-world kind of way.
we so enjoyed not having a computer, tv and radio!! the food was excellent, and my husband is Italian and certainly picky about his food---he gave the claremont a big thumbs up!
and besides all that, this part of maine is just gorgeous!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2009

Our stay at the Claremont Hotel in Southwest Harbor was nearly perfect. We knew going in that this is an old-style hotel and not a modern chain. That's why we picked it. I don't know if you could find a more perfect location. We spent our afternoons sitting on the back porch in rockers or on the lawn in adirondack chairs sipping wine and watching the boats in the sound. The same view awaits all guests for breakfast. It's stunning. We were also treated to a croquet tournament while we were there, so we watched the matches as we ate. (The Claremount's croquet courts and equipment are open to guests. They also have a private dock and rowboats for guest use.)

The rooms were small and simple, but very comfortable. We had a beautiful sleigh bed with exceedingly comfortable linens. Our windows caught the cool breezes at night. On cool nights and days, the staff keeps a fire burning in the lobby. The fireplace is flanked by comfortable reading chairs.

The staff at the Claremont is wonderful. The level of service is quite high and they go out of their way to ensure guests' comfort.

My only complaint/concern about the Claremont is the level of maintenance. The grounds are BEAUTIFULLY maintained, but our room and a few other spots inside the hotel could use some work. There were obvious signs of water damage in our room (patches, open holes in the bathroom ceiling, staining on the ceiling) and while we were there, there was one active leak. We reported this to the staff and hope that it's a case of needing to wait until the off season to undertake major repairs. Other small items, like a broken spindle on the stair rail, caught our attention, too. Even with these issues, I'd stay at the Claremont again in a heartbeat.