“Wonderful fresh, creative foods”

Little Notch Bakery and Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I have never had a disappointing meal from this bakery which serves delicious breads, cookies, cakes, and wonderful sandwiches and soups. I visit this bakery each year during my visits to Mt Desert and highly recommend it to others.

Reviewed October 22, 2011

We were lucky this little goody was down the street from the house we rented. We did not have anything that was not outstanding & fresh. They also sell bags of coffee that was very good. The people that run the palce are very friendly & helpful. Worth a try.

1  Thank spikeboy
Reviewed August 27, 2011

We had the four cheese pizza, a greek salad and a ceasar salad. Both were fantastic! Fresh made dough and top notch ingredients on the pizza. It was a thin crust and the perfect mixture of tomatoes and cheese. Fresh made salad dressing was given to us for both HUGE salads. Lettuce was crisp and fresh. The greek salad had LOTS of feta cheese chunks and black and green olives, tomatoes and onions. It was so good, we went back for lunch everyday we were there!

We didn't try any sweets, although they looked delicious.

It is very hot inside with all the ovens. We placed our order inside, then sat at an outdoor table. Our food was brought to us when it was ready. We had no service troubles as I've in other reviews.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stopped for coffee and egg sandwiches before exploring the west side of the island. Very good bagels with egg and cheese, reasonably priced ($4).

Reviewed August 9, 2011

I visited Little Notch in Bar Harbor twice on our camping trip; best cup of coffee in the entire town, and fantastic pastries, especially the lemon cookies and the blueberry tarts. They've been open about 2 months; the staff was friendly and even gave me a free cookie when I admired the lemon cookies on my first visit. I came back for more on our way out of town. Clean, delicious, wonderful. Exactly the kind of small, honest, genuine small business I like to support. Plus, a high dedication to organic and fair trade.

1  Thank StephanieWagle