“Top-Notch Staff”

Maine State Sea Kayak
More attraction details
Owner description: Ecological Kayak Trips on the remote "Westside" of Acadia...Half-day (4 hour) morning, afternoon and sunset tours...Professional Guides provide all equipment, instruction and van transportation... Recommended by National Geographic Adventure and Travel & Leisure Magazines... Locally owned/operated since 2000...Open late May-September... Beginners Welcome...
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Top-Notch Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had a great time and particularly wanted to thank our guide, Jake, who was patient, knowledgeable, and personable. It was a beautiful day on the water, not too long or short, especially with a short stop to get out and stretch. We are experienced kayakers and felt that we learned something new (steering with a rudder, for one) and appreciated the experience more than going out on our own. Their expertise of the tides, winds, and weather was excellent in planning a pleasant trip. What is more, they went above and beyond to give us advice for the rest of our trip. Thanks again!!

Visited July 2014

Toronto, Canada
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Fantastic Way to Spend the Morning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

We took the early morning trip and it was great! We saw so much wildlife - a pod of porpoises, harbor seals, a bald eagle, starfish, and a bunch of other birds. I spent more time taking pictures than paddling! Good thing I wasn't the one steering or we might've been in trouble. You go out in tandem kayaks at a pace that even a beginner can manage. They also provide you with all the equipment you need and tell you exactly what to wear so your experience isn't ruined by inappropriate clothing or shoes. Our guide, Brad, was hilarious and made sure that everyone was having a good time and able to keep up. I strongly recommend taking this trip - you get to see so many interesting things and hear lots about the area.

Visited July 2014
Naples, Florida
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great experience even for first timers w kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Great knowledgeable staff that was very accommodating of my petite 11 year old who had never paddled before ... She got her own smaller paddle which worked great! The wildlife was incredible ! Bald eagles, seals! Spectacular views! Guide was knowledgeable and funny! Kept us entertained and safe! Even suggested An amazing lobster lunch place After! If u r in maine, check them out !

1 Thank vfab4
Kernersville, North Carolina
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Great Kayak trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

My wife and daughter did the kayak trip and they were thrilled with the experience. It was their first time in a sea kayak. The guide was terrific and did a great job making sure everyone had a good experience. They saw lots of seals and other wildlife on the tour and the pictures and video they took are wonderful. I would definitely recommend this experience to anyone.

Visited June 2014
White River Junction, Vermont
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Our first time sea kayaking and my first time kayaking in years while pregnant. It was very pretty out and we saw a lot of wildlife including seals which came up close to watch us, a bald eagle and its nest, and different birds.

The trip was about 6 miles with calm waters so it wasn't too much work. I was also at the first of the tandem kayak so I didn't have to steer.

I would say I was ill dressed for the event. I'd recommend athletic dri-fit type clothing esp if you get wet. I wore cotton which is never a good idea for these types of events and a long sleeve Nike running jacket. It was very warm out so the 4-5 degree temp drop didn't apply to our trip at all.

There were enough small talks during the kayaking to give my arms a rest but I wasn't overly exerting myself either just to be sure. Tour guides were funny with very bad jokes lol but still entertaining.

Visited June 2014