“Large, fresh lobster rolls and ocean seating”
Review of Waterman's Lobster Pound - CLOSED

Waterman's Lobster Pound
Cuisines: Seafood
Titusville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,310 helpful votes
“Large, fresh lobster rolls and ocean seating”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We have stopped by this little place in past years and enjoyed their fare. However, this year the lobster rolls were actually buns loaded with fresh lobster. No alcohol(bring your own bottle), and no credit cards. Hint: While one orders have the other select the best table on the water. They will deliver the meal to your table. For less than $35.00 you will enjoy a great Maine treat. Dogs welcome and quick, pleasant service.

South Thomaston, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Crab Rolls with a View”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

While many will go to Waterman's for the lobsters, the crab rolls are superb. We are fortunate to live nearby and enjoy kayaking to Waterman's for their crab rolls. We have enjoyed many crab rolls there and note that we have Never found even a single tiny piece of shell in any of the crab rolls. For our tatse, they have just the right amount of mayo and a generous portion of crab meat. As others note, this is a BYOB establishment and we do enjoy bringing our own wine and taking in the great views from their outdoor tables. One tip to note is that they don't take credit cards.

Cary, North Carolina, United States
“Lobster pound Perfection”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

The lobster was cooked perfectly. The homemade blueberry pie with homemade ice cream was as good as my Grandma's(and that was very good). The staff and the setting was a step above a normal lobster pound. I am in the restaurant industry and loved the attention to cleanliness in the kitchen and dining area.
Highly recommend this true gem. Oh and they are a James Beard winner if you don't trust me.o

“Good Eating”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

This is a really nice lobster shack. The people are super friendly and helpful. A young lady brought me a little bucket of soapy water to wash my hands. Nice touch! It's a BYOB, so stop before you get there.

The lobsters were well cooked and tender. My companions steamed clams were a bit gritty-the only meal downer. Parking can be very tight, and only one port-p-potty. A really nice view. Definitely a keeper.

Havertown, Pennsylvania
“Best Lobster Roll of My Week In Maine”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

After spending a week in the Bar Harbor area, my wife and I decided to take a drive down Route 1 out of Maine with a goal of hitting Waterman's for lunch. I'm glad I did. We were not disappointed.

Situated on a winding, beautiful beach road just outside of South Thomaston, Waterman's is a classic Maine lobster shack tucked on a beautiful and private cove.

My wife and I each opted for the lobster roll and while it was served on a non-traditional round roll, it was by far the best lobster roll I had during my week in Maine. The meat with sweet, tender and still tasted of the ocean. It wasn't overpowered with too much Maine and the roll was toasted to perfection. I contemplated ordering a second but the line had grown and it was a long ride back to Pennsylvania.

Waterman's was the perfect way to wrap up a week along the gorgeous Maine coast.