Hampton Inn Portland Airport
Comfort Inn Airport(South Portland)(Great Value!)
$115
$144
Quality Inn & Suites(South Portland)
$90
Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks(South Portland)
$148
$145
HIExpress.com
$90
Best Western Merry Manor Inn(South Portland)(Great Value!)
$123
BestWestern.com
Courtyard Portland Airport(South Portland)(Great Value!)
$134
Hotels.com
Tru by Hilton Portland Airport Area(South Portland)(Great Value!)
$149
$142
Priceline
All reviewsbreakfast staffgreat place to staypool and hot tubshopping mallroom was cleanportland airportthe staff was friendly and helpfulold portexcellent staycomplimentary breakfastoatmealfree shuttlethe breakfast areawould stay here againcookiesconvenient locationfirst floor
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is a very standard Hampton Inn - large rooms, good amenities, and good breakfast. The staff was very friendly on both the evening and the next morning. However the price that we paid was high compared to similar hotels in similar locations.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

This was a very nice hotel. Quiet, and well kept, with a wonderful hot breakfast every morning, and cookies in the afternoons. Close to the airport, and interstates, to go wherever you want to. I called for a wake-up call the morning we were leaving, and they were actually on time with it....I've stayed at many places where the phone rings 10 minutes after you ordered the call..Not nice...You lay awake, waiting for the phone to ring, so you can get in the shower...They get an A-Plus for punctuation...The staff was very nice every day, and I would stay here again...

Room Tip: Our room was nice, and quiet. I have no complaints.We were in room 401, and my sisters were in 403...
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I booked this room, direct with the hotel, over a month ago. I had a copy of the reservation confirmation, emailed directly from the hotel. It was for today, 8/17/12. When I arrived, they couldn't find my reservation. When I showed them my confirmation email, they located it and told me that it was for July 17, not August 17. I showed them right on my confirmation that it stated August 17. They told me that their computer didn't state that, and that I had missed my reservation a month earier and had already been charged for it. They also told me that they didn't have any other rooms available for tonight, and that I would need to leave and stay elsewhere. Well, it's 5pm on a Fri, with a weekend event in town, and nearly every hotel is sold out. I ended up finding one hotel that could accomodate me, at double the cost. The Hampton refused to do anything for me, even though I was holding a confirmed reservation for tonight and I am a Hiltion Honors member. I asked for a supervisor, and the guy smuggly informed me that he was the supervisor. I stay at Hilton properties almost exclusively when I travel, as do most of the executives at my company, but that will no longer be the case. My company's travel dept will be contacting the Hilton corporate offices in order to seek compensation for my charges and inconvenience. Going forward, I will be staying exclusively with IHG properties, who vountarily matched my Hilton Honors status when I signed up for their loyalty program tonight. This Hampton property is literally a disgrace to the Hilton corporation.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Eric N
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I booked this room for just one night, as I was coming in on a late flight, and my sister would be picking me up around noon the next day. The website states that they have airport transportation, which I would need since the hotel is not close enough to walk, and I would not be renting a car. Planning ahead, I called the hotel at my layover, and asked if I would need to call the hotel for the shuttle when I arrived, or if they circle. I was told that they did not run the shuttle after 11pm, and that I would have to take a taxi. Bummer! Well, such is life, so when I arrived and got my luggage, I jumped in one of the waiting taxis. A very short ride - maybe 2 miles? - cost $13 before tip! (and the guy wasn't happy i wasn't going very far) When I mentioned this at checkin, I was told "well, the shuttle guy has to sleep too". Hmm.
The room was comfortable, no issues at all with the hotel. Pleasant day staff. Decent breakfast. I wouldn't stay again, because there are several hotels right there who do have a shuttle 24/7. I stayed here because I like Hampton Inn, and this was a bit cheaper. I think I'll pay the extra $10 and come out $5 ahead.

1  Thank hmcrn2
Reviewed August 15, 2012

It's a Hampton Inn. Is there much more to say? The rooms are reasonably comfortable. The TV was updated and got many channels. The wireless internet was free. The A/C worked well. It was clean and the staff was extremely friendly. Breakfast (i.e. waffles) was good. The biggest benefit to this Hampton is location. It's about five minutes from the airport, but not affected by airport noise. It's right across the street from the Maine Mall and right near the highway entrance. We did a lot of things while in Portland, including a Portland Sea Dogs game, a day on Old Orchard Beach, lunch at the Lobster Shack in Cape Elizabeth and a few meals in the old port area of Portland. Everything was convenient from this Hampton Inn. Yes, in high season it is pricey, but every place we would be willing to stay was pricey so that was not really a factor in choosing this Hampton. I definitely recommend this hotel.