DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in South Portland
Portland, United States
“Room”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I found the room to be very nice. The desk chair was worn and needed to be replaced. The bed linen needed to be checked better. There where blood stains on the duvet. I would say the duvet was clean it was stains that didn't wash out.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were in Portland, Maine. While it was difficult to hear about the issues that arose in your room, I do appreciate you taking the time to evaluate us on what we can improve on. I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our housekeeping staff, so that we can make sure this type of situation does not happen in the future.

Thank you again for staying with us. Please know that our hotel values your feedback and your business and we look forward to seeing you again someday soon.

Warm Regards,

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Portland, ME, United States
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Place is very old-looking and needs refurbishing badly - not nearly as nice as other Doubletrees but price just as high. Stayed here due to flight cancellation. We got an incorrect wake-up call at 4AM + at 8AM there was someone outside the door trying to get in multiple times. Ends up the hotel thought we had checked out (in the middle of the night??) and was trying to get in. They did give us free breakfast but too little, too late. What a bad experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate our property from your most recent visit. I appreciate your feedback so we can learn what went well and more importantly what we can improve on.

I truly apologize for the missteps in our safety and security. I assure you though that your feedback provides us with tools that our property can use to provide a better experience for all of our guests.

Thank you again for staying with us. Please think of us again someday in the future.

Wake Forest
Reviewed December 11, 2013

As a distressed passenger r/t winter storm, I needed to find a decent place to stay through the night. I am pleased that with the multiple options available I chose Doubletree. I had a room with 2 double beds and a great view of the surrounding area (did I mention it was snowing). The front desk was very helpful and both check in and out were very easy. The bathroom appeared to be a bit dated however everything worked properly and the lighting was adequate for my needs. I was very surprised to find that the hotel shuttle would transport me to different stores/places which worked out great for me to fit in some much needed Christmas shopping. I went from being distressed to de-stressed. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback from your most recent stay at our property. I'm happy to hear that during the stressful travel situation that you had, you were able to enjoy your time with us. Please think of our hotel in the future when you are in the Portland area!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The staff were friendly, the facility was very clean. They provided a wake up call on time - 3AM, and the shuttle to the air port was warm and ready to go at 4AM. Upon arriving back in Maine, the shuttle arrived within 10 minutes of our call after picking up our baggage.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Portland, Maine and beyond! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous about where you were going, but I'm happy to hear that everything went well while you were here with us. I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our entire staff. Thank you again for staying with us and think of us again in the future.

Warm Regards,

Thorndike, United States
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Doubletree in Portland was great! We went on business and I had an issue that wasn't the fault of the hotel. The people behind the desk, especially Nicholas S., made the experience stress-free for me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback from your most recent business trip to our hotel. I certainly appreciate you letting us know how everything went, and I'm always willing to assist with anything that I can. Hopefully in the future you won't encounter such an issue and you will think of us the next time you are in the area.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2013

This hotel on the outskirts of Portland is set opposite the Maine Mall and convenient for the Interstate. The hotel and rooms themselves feel a little tired, but it's good value and a cheap cab into Portland gives you the benefits of some great restaurants. Would definitely return but could do with a little attention from the Hilton brand.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with our property and for taking the time to evaluate us on what went well, and just as importantly what we can improve on.

With our building not being brand new as some others are in the area, our hotel has to continuously do renovations to upgrade the property. Our owner is committed to do this, which is great for our guests! We are currently working on our parking area and landscaping and we have future renovations planned to our guestrooms! Please continue to think of us while you are in the Portland area.

Warmest Regards,

Belgrade Lakes, Maine
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Great place to stay prior to flying on vacation...Shuttle service is great and on time. Meals in the restaurant were very good and at reasonable prices. No need to wander around South Portland for a place to eat prior to your trip to the airport, this Double Tree has it all.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us prior to your trip out of Portland, Maine. I'll happily pass along your comments to us van staff. With our hotel being less than two miles away from the airport, park and fly packages are always a popular option! I'm glad it worked for you, and I hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Portland
Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks
Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks
#4 of 13 in South Portland
The Westin Portland Harborview

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland? Share your experiences!