“Portland Maine Doubletree”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in South Portland
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Accommodations were great. Staff was very friendly and willing to assist with directions to local sites. Only thing that would improve the stay would be if the room had portable refrigerators. Would definitely recommend this location to others!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with our property while you were in Portland, Maine. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and the staff was extra helpful while you were here. Please think of us again in the future!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Only 1 elevator worked during our 3 night stay. There were 52 people on our bus tour, another group arrived day 2 then another day 3. People were waiting up to 20 minutes- the average age of our group was over 60 and most couldn't walk up up to 7 flights of stairs. We walked up 5 flight of stairs one night since there were about 35 people ahead of us and it wasn't something we wanted to repeat. Also the hallway on our floor was filthy, the vending machines on our floor were empty and never refilled, and the vending area on our floor smelled foul. Our room was okay -the beds were comfortable and there was a comfortable sitting area but the bathroom could have used a deep cleaning.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smithr180

Thank you for giving us your feedback from your recent visit with us. I appreciate you letting us know what areas our hotel can improve on so that we can get better for all of our guests.

I completely understand your concern and frustration with the elevator issue. We addressed this concern with our elevator company, so that we can correct this now and not have any further issues down the line. For safety reasons, we had to make the decision to wait until they fully cleared the issue.

I will also be addressing the cleanliness issues with our housekeeping staff. We certainly hold our standards very high, and I apologize for any issues that you had related with cleanliness.

Finally, I would like to thank you for staying with our property. I hope someday in the future you will choose us again whether with a group our just on a leisure tip of your own.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is a great hotel for getting the job done if you need a place for a conference or convention. The location near the mall is convenient, but the building is a bit older than other hotels and it shows.

Thank Damon V. D
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

While our hotel is an older building there are a lot of renovations that have taken place and many more to come! The only way to keep the building fresh and up to date is by doing so, and our owner is making the commitment to it.

Thank you once again for staying with us. I look forward to seeing you again someday soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Their non-smoking rooms smell like there is someone chain smoking in them 24hours a day. They post that they are family friendly but then they charge per night for cribs. I find this very off putting as a mom of a 9month old and 2 year old.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback from your most recent visit to our property. I appreciate you evaluating us to let us know where we can improve.

Our hotel looks to be the top in the market for both family and business travelers. We provide great options for both, with everything from an indoor pool and family friendly restaurant on site, to free internet/parking and business center services. I would also like to inform you that we do not charge for cribs, so if you think you were charged, please contact me directly to let me know.

I apologize for the experience that you had. Please feel free to reach out to me, so that I can make the next experience a better one.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have made a lot of mac and cheese in my day. The mac and cheese at the hotel was soooo good. i wish i could eat it every day. the hotel staff was also great and the room were surprisingly nice. the warm chocolate chip cookies were a nice touch

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing our property during your trip to Portland, Maine. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience and I've shared your thoughts with our Executive Chef. Perhaps the next time you come in you can meet him personally and he can share his secrets on the Mac and Cheese!

Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Had reserved a King nonsmoking room, but when we arrived we were given a King smoking room which reeked of stale smoke. They said they had no more kings but would give us two doubles nonsmoking...and coupons for breakfast. This reservation was made more than 30 days inadvance.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for your feedback from your recent visit to our property. I truly apologize for the experience that you had with us and I assure you that we will use your feedback as a tool to get better.

Our hotel is 100% non smoking. That being said there are times where guests choose to ignore that policy and unfortunately other guests and our property suffer as a result.

Once again I appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. Please contact me directly in the future if there is anything else that I can do for you!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

The hotel accommodations were convenient since the conference was at this hotel but service was not that great and the rooms were not very clean, bathrooms had mildew in the grout and around the tops of the sink. Bar staff was helpful in getting us reservations outside of the hotel for dinner.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your most recent visit to our property. While it is alarming for me to hear the feedback you have given, I appreciate you letting me know where we can improve.

Please allow me to apologize for any lack of cleanliness or service while you were here. Those areas are of the highest expectation for us, and hearing that we had difficulties in those areas is always challenging.

Please feel free to contact me directly to give me any more feedback. Thank you again for staying with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Portland
#5 of 13 in South Portland
Ramada Plaza Portland
Ramada Plaza Portland
#15 of 20 in Portland

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland? Share your experiences!