DoubleTree by Hilton Portland, Me
Comfort Inn Airport(South Portland)(Great Value!)
$130
$104
ComfortInn
Hampton Inn Portland Airport(South Portland)(Great Value!)
$159
$143
Tru by Hilton Portland Airport Area(South Portland)(Great Value!)
$142
$134
Hilton.com
$90
Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks(South Portland)
$148
$145
HIExpress.com
$90
Best Western Merry Manor Inn(South Portland)(Great Value!)
$143
$110
BestWestern.com
Quality Inn & Suites(South Portland)
$100
QualityInn
Courtyard Portland Airport(South Portland)(Great Value!)
$139
$129
Priceline
1,044 results
All reviewsdouble treethe executive loungecookiesmall across the streetcracker barrelparking lotfront desk staffbusiness tripstaff was friendlyupon checkfitness centerindoor poolnice stayold portclose to the airportportlandchipotle
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Double Tree by Hilton in Portland, ME. The staff was very helpful and friendly. You gotta love those warm chocolate cookies after a three hour drive! I had a special request for the acting manager, totally spur of the moment and he, (Brendan), was more than accommodating and helpful (: Thanks again Brendan! The barkeep, (all three), that we met over the weekend were great. Wonderful personalities! The rooms, by my standards, we very clean. The bathrooms, although were spotless, possibly need some updating with the toilets, showers and bathroom tiles. Just my opinion. But at least everything was clean (: We even ordered a cot for me which was very comfortable and for only $20! Overall stay was very good and although the Embassy Suites down the street offer more amenities the Double Tree made up for in niceness! Lol, thanks for listening (: Keep it REAL!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Portland, Me, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel during your visit to Portland. I'm very happy to hear that your stay went well, and I will be sure to pass along your feedback to housekeeping and Brendan. I will also let you know that we do plan on future renovations to the bathroom, so stay tuned! Thank you again, and I look forward to seeing you again someday soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Double Tree in Portland was a wonderful resting place for our family last weekend. The surroundings were lovely and the room attractive and quiet. I enjoyed the Starbucks downstairs where I got my morning coffee.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Portland, Me, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

I'd like to thank you for choosing our hotel while you were in Portland, Maine. I'm very happy to hear that overall your stay was a pleasant one. I hope that during your future travel to this area, you decide to choose us again!

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed in the Junior Suite for three nights with my family, as a quick vacation to Maine. The hotel is excellent, except the pool was very cold, and no hot tub. The Executive Club breakfast hostess was rude. But, overall this is a very nice hotet, and well maintained. Free Parking, Free Wifi, and close to the most anything, makes this hotel very attractive compared to the downtown Portland hotels. We have stayed here in the past when it was Shearaton and Wyndam, but I think under Double Tree, the hotel became one of the best in Portland to my opinion. Keep the pool warm! And get better Executive Club Room hostess.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel during your visits to Portland, Maine. I truly appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback so that we can know what went well, and more importantly what we can improve on. I will be certain to share your feedback with our management team, so that we can continue to be what you mentioned and what our hotel aspires to be.

All the best,

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Room was updated, but very tiny! Especially the bathroom. Wish I had looked over the other hotels better- would not go there if I had! They are renovating but fall short! Do NOT eat at this place, it's gross! I honestly can't say anything great about the place . . . Sorry!

Room Tip: Don't choose one! :-)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kim r

I'd like to thank you for choosing our hotel during your trip to Portland, Maine. While the content of your feedback is greatly alarming to me, I appreciate you taking the time to let us know what we can improve on. Without knowing what you had for dinner or when you ate, I can say that I shared your concerns with our Food and Beverage management team for review. Thank you once again for staying with our hotel and for your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly with any other feedback that you may have.

Warm Regards,

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My first and last stay at the Round Tower Double tree hilton in portland me. The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean, those are the only 2 positives. the "no excuses" gym lacked much of the equipment I would normally use and find in my local gym. the AC in the room was loud and cycled on and off frequently (5-10 min). the exhaust fan in the bathroom sounded like a blender. The room was small for a couple, but this is where they put a family of 4, both my boys are 6 feet tall. The full beds are adequate for a single person, I squeezed in with my wife, while one of my sons slept on the floor. the hotel is on the outskirts of Portland, next to the airport and highway - so not an upscale area, so a rate of $309 is ridiculous. I've paid less for a room with 2 kings in downtown NYC. tired and disappointed

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Portland, Me, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with our property. While it is difficult for me to hear that the stay wasn't entirely pleasant, I appreciate you letting us know the things that we can improve on. I will also be sure to share your feedback both positive and constructive to our entire management team.

As you may be aware August in Maine is the states busiest month. All hotels are priced accordingly to the level of demand that comes up during this month. There are times where our hotel and all the others around us are $300+ each night, and that is always based upon the demand of the market.

I'd also like to add that our hotel has one of the largest and most modern fitness centers in the southern Maine market. We are certified by Precor an industry leader in fitness technology. While the hotel could never compete with a local gym, the fitness equipment is all brand new and the room is very large.

Thank you again for staying with us. Please feel free to contact me directly to share any other feedback that you may have.

Warmest Regards,